PDA

View Full Version : Role-Play Safety.

Andering REDDSON
12-20-2006, 01:16 PM
I know weaps are, occasionally, used in role-playing, and while I wouldn’t deign to tell someone HOW to play, I might suggest that holding a gun, even a toy one, to you spouse’s head might leave a cop with the wrong impression.

¡FEAR NO MORE! There is an option, not generally well-known outside law enforcement and militry circles, for weaps look-alikes that any cop will recognize at a glance, and instantly know there is no danger. Redguns© are used by law enforcement for training purposes, as weaps simulators. The instructor uses the Redgun©, rather than a real gun, to “attack” students/fellow officers. Also, knives, Tazers©, rifles/sub-machineguns, even radios and flashlights are available. (It’s too bad I don’t own the company, with how much I’ve advertised for them I’d be a damned millionaire by now.)

I MOST URGENTLY recommend against purchasing a Bluegun©; They can be mistaken, especially in the dark, for a REAL guns/knives. Also, DO NOT RE-PAINT THEM; Firstly, this may be illegal where you are, and secondly, it defeats the purpose of the Redguns; Safety and EASY RECOGNITION by police.

¿Mods, can we get a stickie on this thread?

menace
12-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Me thinks this borders spamming :rolleyes:

somedude
12-22-2006, 05:12 AM
It's well over the border of completely useless! And Andy this thread has about as much chance of being stuck as a snowcone in hell!

clan_hunter
12-22-2006, 06:30 AM
This stuff reminds me of the dribble that use to come out of Gals mouth, sort of leaves you feeling... wtf and having to re-read it for some sense to be made of it.

menace
12-22-2006, 06:36 AM
Mybe I was a bit wague... I'm pretty sure this is spamming! :mad:

clan_hunter
12-22-2006, 07:14 AM
Mybe I was a bit wague... I'm pretty sure this is spamming! :mad:

Would tend to agree with you thought Andy is a member and Gals thoughts/posts were just as abstract/off topic and could have been considered spamming.

How we decide the difference btw a link to a pharmaceutical website or loan company and this sort of post i dont know?

Sternenlied
12-22-2006, 09:31 AM
I agree with clan.
Either we allow members (esp. Gal and all of its personae) to post completely useless posts or we don't. But it has to go for everyone.

sindyloo
12-22-2006, 02:46 PM
UHH???? Sorry I know all you people are much smarter than me but hows about if a thread doesnt make sense just Delete it then??

Oh yes and that would include any stupid ass posts of my own as well! Thanks for listening to this silly girl!!:skull-red

Andering REDDSON
12-27-2006, 01:01 AM
Actually, it’s a public safety announcement.
My most important reference. (http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/1998/May-10-Sun-1998/news/7469658.html)
There are others, but this was the only one I could quickly find that resulted in a DEATH. One in particular was about a guy in a Star Wars costume who was shot AND KILLED by a cop outside a convention because the cop mistook the Stormtrooper pistol for a real one.
I point of fact, I wanted to include a link to “a” source for them but was shot down.

For those of you familiar with the “Bedroom Bondage” website, Lorelei had an essay based on a 20-questions with an SFDP officer. One of his comments was “Do not use a weapon. If you do, a police officer seeing that will react only to the weapon. He will not care nor understand it’s fake until AFTER he has it, and by then you might be dead.”
Ok, that’s not verbatim. (For an article I read over a year ago, I think I did pretty good.) But cops USE Redguns© for training, so they would recognize the difference, in a glance, between a Redgun© and a real gun (but don’t use anything EXCEPT a Redgun©, because they may not be familiar with that or, especially in the dark, they may get confused- That’s why I say don’t paint them either).

But I have to give y’all credit- You FINALLY pissed me off. Maybe that was what y’all were missing…

This thread needs a stickie (and a through cleaning) even more so now…

Rogue
12-30-2006, 09:44 AM
Em, wouldn't roleplaying take place in the bedroom, of a house? So the cop is inside watching?

And using any weapon for roleplay in public would give any person the wrong impression, never mind authorities.

Andering REDDSON
12-30-2006, 11:09 PM
Things happen. Better safe than sorry.

Ntense
09-05-2007, 05:07 PM
I hate to drag an ancient post out, but since Vivienne already tagged it what the heck.

The red-tip guns are a good idea, but the safest thing to to is follow the orders of law enforcement officers *explicitly*, and for God's sake don't accidentally point a toy gun at them. I barely escaped being improperly ventilated long before the toys had red tips. I froze when they told me to, and carefully put it on the ground when they said to do so. If they'd have said "squeal like a dolphin" I'd have done that too.

The cops in Arizona killed a 16 year old kid with a toy gun 'cos he wouldn't listen. Deplorable, but their first reaction if it's dark and you have a weapon is to protect their own lives. It's too hot to wear body armor on patrol, so you can't really fault them for that.