Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos - Go To Main Page
Message board for people who wish to roleplay and discuss rape fantasies.

Real Time Bondage

Welcome to the Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos > Miscellaneous > Idle Talk
Rape gallery Incest gallery Bestiality gallery Gay sex gallery Anime gallery Scat gallery

Old 06-05-2014, 10:42 PM   #1
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Default Editing/deleting posts.

Wasn't there a rule or pronouncement some time ago, that editing or deleting posts in such a manner that they disrupted the flow of a discussion, wouldn't be allowed?

THE WESTCOUNTRY SHALL RISE AGAIN!

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

We're Englishmen, and we came here, to rape your women and drink your beer.

I went back in time and voted for Hitler.

Pouring oil on troubled waters since 2008. Then lighting a fucking match.
FuckingRotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:14 AM   #2
luvnlust
Privileged Member

luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Good question FR. My opinion is thus: given all members have freedom of speech, limited within the restrictions set forth by the mods, anyone should freely be able to edit a post without it reflecting the time at which the edit event occurred; but after a certain period of time, the timed edit event is displayed. Likewise, if the member thinks their post is in any way self-inflammatory, inflammatory towards others, or otherwise inappropriate, they should be allowed the discretion to delete the statement posted.

In general, I think it is more important to protect the integrity of the member than to allow free reign by other members to cast stones.

*please know I am speaking in generality and am in no more pointing out any specific member*

Some of my stories:
The Stripper Wife
The New Hire

The New Hire - The Customer Always Cums First
Playing the Game

Ropeplay:
Uninvited Guests (Sweetlust, LuvNLust)

My social group:
Breast Obsessed

Last edited by luvnlust; 06-07-2014 at 01:16 AM.
luvnlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:38 AM   #3
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

As I understood it, the rule, or etiquette was introduced for a very good reason. That is that posts were being made, the edited or deleted completely, after that post had been replied to. My own thoughts are that words posted to a public forum are not personal property, especially when they involve other posters. Freedom of speech does not include retrospective self-censorship when the poster regrets what they wrote and wishes to cover it up. Once what they wrote has been seen and responded to, they should have the courage to stand by what they wrote, or to apologise or admit regret.

Censorship should be the domain of the moderators, whose role in part is to decide what is acceptable on this or any board. Removal of a post that has been seen and responded to in part censors the responder, as their retort then becomes confusing, inexplicable, no ordinary poster here has a right to censor another.

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

Old 06-07-2014, 02:34 AM   #4
luvnlust
Privileged Member

luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)luvnlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuckingRotter View Post
As I understood it, the rule, or etiquette was introduced for a very good reason. That is that posts were being made, the edited or deleted completely, after that post had been replied to. My own thoughts are that words posted to a public forum are not personal property, especially when they involve other posters. Freedom of speech does not include retrospective self-censorship when the poster regrets what they wrote and wishes to cover it up. Once what they wrote has been seen and responded to, they should have the courage to stand by what they wrote, or to apologise or admit regret.

Censorship should be the domain of the moderators, whose role in part is to decide what is acceptable on this or any board. Removal of a post that has been seen and responded to in part censors the responder, as their retort then becomes confusing, inexplicable, no ordinary poster here has a right to censor another.
Thank you FR for your thoughtful consideration... and very well stated. In general I agree a person should try to commit, as much as possible, to the statement they've made, even if it is out of matter of personal integrity... after all "a man or woman must be of his or her word", especially when telling the truth, making a deal, or keeping a promise. You could likewise say that everyone should say what they mean, and clearly mean what they fucking have to say. Beyond those constraints, minor indiscretions of statement might be made on posts (especially those based on immediate, and most temporarily gratifying, emotional influence) which the author might feel at later time to change. I certainly have done so... and the damage which might have been caused is kept at a minimum.

I feel the mods themselves have the responsibility of maintaining civil order within the community they reign - ensuring both legal or amenable cooperation takes place between members. This allows for the greatest level of free discourse to take place... which every member freely feels able to contribute.

Some of my stories:
The Stripper Wife
The New Hire

Playing the Game

Ropeplay:

My social group:
Breast Obsessed

Last edited by luvnlust; 06-07-2014 at 03:06 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:41 AM   #5
Crotch_Ripper
Pantyhose Hunting Admin

Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Let me chime in on this. I myself do not fret over edited/deleted posts. There are bigger fish to fry as for how I spend my time here.

That being said if someone sends me a link where they feel because of member editing a thread has become confusing I will be happy to look into it.

FR your right this is not a public forum, however IMHO there have been some members who have posted things they regretted later. And some members have asked me to delete embarrassing threads they made.

The only true way to stop people from doing this is to disable their ability to edit posts. We have the power to do this, but I would be very wary of using it.

100% Male

RAPE BOARD WINNER:
Best Signature 2008
Phantom Awards 2008 '007 Award'

Crotch_Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:57 AM   #6
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

Crotch Ripper, personally I wouldn't want to give you the extra workload.

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

Old 06-08-2014, 10:09 AM   #7
Mr. Wiggles
Privileged Member

Mr. Wiggles has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Mr. Wiggles has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Mr. Wiggles has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Mr. Wiggles has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Mr. Wiggles has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Mr. Wiggles has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Mr. Wiggles has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Mr. Wiggles has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Mr. Wiggles has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Mr. Wiggles has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Mr. Wiggles has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Besides..if you take away a posters ability to edit their posts.. how would dumbasses like me be able to change all our typos that we find later?
Mr. Wiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:53 PM   #8
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

Obviously. I don't perceive a problem with correcting errors. This isn't about taking away the ability to edit posts, more about the misuse, or abuse of that ability.

Crotch Ripper, I remember a girl here a few years ago kept giving out personal information when drunk. In an instance such as that, the editing or removal of such posts is certainly important. Not so sure about having a thread removed just because someone made a tit of themselves, but I'll bow to your better judgement on that!

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

Old 06-09-2014, 04:01 AM   #9
Crotch_Ripper
Pantyhose Hunting Admin

Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Crotch_Ripper has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

If there is a thread being ruined by over editing please bring it to our attention. We would be happy to take a look.

100% Male

RAPE BOARD WINNER:
Best Signature 2008

Old 06-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #10
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

Crotch Ripper, there are a couple of threads, but it's not that big a problem. Believe it or not, I'm actually more interested in discussing the general principal of whether or not its good etiquette to mess around with posts once someone has replied to you, than giving the moderators work.

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

Old 06-11-2014, 11:14 PM   #11
Sierra
Privileged Member

Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

I remember that girl. She got banned from RB for her own good and came over to KO with similar results.

The trouble with software is that it is stupid. Most settings are on or off - no in between. To take away one person's ability to to change their posts would mean taking it away from everyone.

Like every other freedom or privilege, there are those who abuse it. Most of us use our editing privilege to correct errors or perhaps change our wording to make a point. Others use it to stir the pot by posting something inflammatory only to delete it later and act the injured innocent when called out.

The latter is annoying as hell, but not worth giving up my ability to edit the drivel I am capable of spewing at times.
Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:54 PM   #12
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

Again, there is no suggestion that the ability to edit posts should be taken away. I don't understand why there is a need to mention it.

The "acting the injured innocent" or similar scenarios is exactly the kind of thing I am thinking of.

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

Old 06-15-2014, 12:49 AM   #13
luvnlust
Privileged Member

Cool - let freedom prevail... even if some might be offended (who said life was fair?)... as long as there is no damaging slander or anyone is mortally hurt... feel free to say or edit as you please. In the spirit of Walter Cronkite "And that's the way it is... on this evening of June 14th, 2014... Goodnight and good evening."

Some of my stories:
The Stripper Wife
The New Hire

Playing the Game

Ropeplay:

My social group:
Breast Obsessed
Old 06-15-2014, 06:47 AM   #14
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

That is permissiveness, not freedom. Someone wanting the freedom to write what they want, should also take responsibility for their words, and also have the courage to apologise, or admit they were wrong, if required. Not just go back on their words on a whim.

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

Old 06-15-2014, 11:23 PM   #15
Sierra
Privileged Member

Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuckingRotter View Post
Someone wanting the freedom to write what they want, should also take responsibility for their words, and also have the courage to apologise, or admit they were wrong, if required. Not just go back on their words on a whim.
Heh. Rotter, my friend, there are very few keyboard heroes who have that kind of integrity. Most of the people who stir the pot on internet forums don't have the balls to stand behind what they say, nor would they ever dare to open their mouths if they were looking at the listener/reader in the eye. Mostly a bunch of pussies with limited social skills who will only show themselves from behind a monitor.

It's one of your more endearing features, my friend. You might make outrageous statements but you also hang around and defend them. Luckily you are not the only one on this forum with those traits and that's the reason I keep coming back here.
Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:47 PM   #16
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

That's a fine endorsement indeed, coming from you Sierra. Thank you.

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

Old 06-18-2014, 06:45 PM   #17
Crotch_Ripper
Pantyhose Hunting Admin

Just for the record, there will be no "turning off" members ability to edit, at least not while I have a say in it.

I'm not much for censorship. I feel most people here can monitor there own posts.

That doesn't mean I will not remove with extreme prejudice anyone who disrupts the daily operation of this forum.

100% Male

RAPE BOARD WINNER:
Best Signature 2008

Old 06-18-2014, 11:53 PM   #18
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

I'm glad you've cleared that up, since that was not what the thread was about anyway.

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

Old 06-19-2014, 05:22 AM   #19
Crotch_Ripper
Pantyhose Hunting Admin

No problem

100% Male

RAPE BOARD WINNER:
Best Signature 2008

Old 06-19-2014, 08:11 PM   #20
justmetoo
Privileged Member

justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

It's nice to have the kind of interaction with CR and others that set a precedent for how things get run around here. I know there have been times when posts have to be changed, but I for one applaud how it is handled. I guess it's never been an issue for me though I do have to be careful about saying things after perhaps a drink or two too many.
justmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote