Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos - Go To Main Page
Message board for people who wish to roleplay and discuss rape fantasies.

Real Time Bondage

Welcome to the Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos > Miscellaneous > Idle Talk
Rape gallery Incest gallery Bestiality gallery Gay sex gallery Anime gallery Scat gallery

Old 09-10-2008, 09:58 PM   #1
rasputin
Privileged Member

rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Red face "Great" movies you could never get into?

I'm sure it must have happened to you. Here comes one of the greatest filmic works of the last century. Everybody is excited. The critics run out of adjectives praising this phenomenal intellectual achievement and finally the day comes when you also have the chance to appraise it.

Lights, camera, action. The movie starts, and five minutes into it, popcorn in hand, you know you are in trouble. Among all the other customers in the over crowded theater, you seem to be the only one who doesn't "get" what the hell was all the hoopla about.

It happened to me with The Godfather. I know that movie is a masterpiece because everybody says it is a masterpiece. But, to me, The Godfather is simply unwatchable. I don't know why.

Very frequently, it happens with some of those David Lynch's "masterpieces." Which, in my view, are nothing but dignified efforts in visual psycodelia and narrative incoherence.

Lost Highway may be a very good movie, but masterpiece it ain't. And who really understands what Eraserhead is all about? I liked Blue Velvet, though. And Muholland Drive.

And about that "great" movie, Titanic?

Piece of chick flick crap.

I know some people don't get what the hell was so great about 2001 Space Odyssey. Yes, it can be a difficult film to watch, so I can understand folks not enjoying it too much.

And the same with Donnie Darko... I liked both films but I realize they are not for everybody.

Any "great" movie you thought was not that great... and even, just perhaps... a simple piece of shit?
rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:05 PM   #2
Gryph
Privileged Member

Gryph has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Gryph has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Gryph has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Gryph has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Gryph has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Gryph has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Gryph has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Gryph has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Gryph has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Gryph has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Gryph has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

The "Great Movie" I thought was a flop when I finally got to see it was 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I saw it about 10 yrs after it was released. Always had heard what a fantastic space flick it was. Well maybe it was something in it's day, but I just didn't get it.

Gryph
Gryph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:25 PM   #3
Lemarchand
Guardian Of The Box

Location: On a return flight from Hades...That was one dull vacation!
Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

It's so wonderful that we have great diversity of tastes as human beings.
Two of the movies mentioned, The Godfather and 2001 A Space Odyssey. Both feature in my top ten all time favourite movies.

For me, a movie that was raved about...even won oscars for best picture, best screenplay and best editing. Was Crash, directed by Paul Haggis.
I thought it was one of the worst films I had watched in years.

Lem

Wandering between two worlds, one dead, The other powerless to be born.
Lemarchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:28 PM   #4
Lemarchand
Guardian Of The Box

Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Oh, I just have to add, this is a fantastic thread! I love discussing and debating about film, music, literature and art...so great job there Rasputin.

Lem

Old 09-10-2008, 11:31 PM   #5
MADDOGMCMANAMAN
PUSSYCRUSHER

MADDOGMCMANAMAN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MADDOGMCMANAMAN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MADDOGMCMANAMAN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MADDOGMCMANAMAN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MADDOGMCMANAMAN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MADDOGMCMANAMAN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MADDOGMCMANAMAN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MADDOGMCMANAMAN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MADDOGMCMANAMAN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MADDOGMCMANAMAN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MADDOGMCMANAMAN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
I'm sure it must have happened to you. Here comes one of the greatest filmic works of the last century. Everybody is excited. The critics run out of adjectives praising this phenomenal intellectual achievement and finally the day comes when you also have the chance to appraise it.

Lights, camera, action. The movie starts, and five minutes into it, popcorn in hand, you know you are in trouble. Among all the other customers in the over crowded theater, you seem to be the only one who doesn't "get" what the hell was all the hoopla about.

It happened to me with The Godfather. I know that movie is a masterpiece because everybody says it is a masterpiece. But, to me, The Godfather is simply unwatchable. I don't know why.

Very frequently, it happens with some of those David Lynch's "masterpieces." Which, in my view, are nothing but dignified efforts in visual psycodelia and narrative incoherence.

Lost Highway may be a very good movie, but masterpiece it ain't. And who really understands what Eraserhead is all about? I liked Blue Velvet, though. And Muholland Drive.

And about that "great" movie, Titanic?

Piece of chick flick crap.

I know some people don't get what the hell was so great about 2001 Space Odyssey. Yes, it can be a difficult film to watch, so I can understand folks not enjoying it too much.

And the same with Donnie Darko... I liked both films but I realize they are not for everybody.

Any "great" movie you thought was not that great... and even, just perhaps... a simple piece of shit?
I totally agree with you rasputin !! In fact i find most movies these days (hollywood) a let down, the reason i think that some people find films great while others dont - i reckon is simply down to individual taste maybe.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:15 AM   #6
Ragman
Privileged Member

Ragman has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Ragman has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Ragman has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Ragman has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Ragman has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Ragman has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Ragman has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Ragman has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Ragman has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Ragman has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Ragman has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ragman

I am gonna get to my actual answer to the question in just a moment but first.. am I the only one who thought about that Family guy scene when they read the OP? the one where Peter Says he doesn't like the god father and everyone jumps on his back... this one

http://www.familyguyfiles.com/peter-...dfather-video/

I love that show!

Anyway.. yes It happens a lot. But to be fair I am sure some movie that i think are absolutley brilliant others think of as a waste of film.

Biggest instance where it has happened to me was "Life Is beautiful" for anyone who doesn't remember it was an italian movie about a jewish father and son during the holocost, the father tries to make the experiance for his son as easy as possible so he pretends the whole thing is a game. I don't know why.. But I really didn't like it.

Ragman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:46 PM   #7
Wolf2080

Wolf2080 has initial reputation

For me It would have to be The Godfather and Scarface. Watched them a few times and just can't get what people like about it.
Wolf2080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:50 PM   #8
Lemarchand
Guardian Of The Box

Actually I am wondering if Sergio Leone's "Once Upon A Time In America" is going to get touted here.
On a personal level it is one of my all time favourite films. I true piece of cinematic splendor and genius.
I just have a suspicion that it might be hated here, unless of course the inclusion of two rape scenes renders it immune?

Lem

Old 09-12-2008, 07:11 PM   #9
rasputin
Privileged Member

rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemarchand View Post
Oh, I just have to add, this is a fantastic thread! I love discussing and debating about film, music, literature and art...so great job there Rasputin.

Lem
Thanks, man. What's your take on David Lynch? Woody Allen?

Like I said before, I have mixed feelings in regards to David Lynch. His movies are always interesting... but not always understandable.

To me, Woody Allen is a hit or miss experience. He is great at one - liners; his dialogs are pure crafty genius, but the plots are not always great. Sometimes it seems as if the whole story is at the service of the wisecracks. It's like: "I have a great repost to this sentence! Let's create a situation around that so the character gets to say it!"

Last edited by rasputin; 09-12-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #10
rasputin
Privileged Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
I am gonna get to my actual answer to the question in just a moment but first.. am I the only one who thought about that Family guy scene when they read the OP? the one where Peter Says he doesn't like the god father and everyone jumps on his back... this one

http://www.familyguyfiles.com/peter-...dfather-video/

I love that show!

Anyway.. yes It happens a lot. But to be fair I am sure some movie that i think are absolutley brilliant others think of as a waste of film.

Biggest instance where it has happened to me was "Life Is beautiful" for anyone who doesn't remember it was an italian movie about a jewish father and son during the holocost, the father tries to make the experiance for his son as easy as possible so he pretends the whole thing is a game. I don't know why.. But I really didn't like it.
We are brothers in arms with that movie. I couldn't get into it, either...

I think my problem was the lead actor. What's his face? Roberto Benigni or something like that?

Anyways... I simply don't like him. And if I don't "connect" with the actor, it's very, very hard for me to enjoy the film.

In fact, it may well prove to be impossible.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:22 PM   #11
rasputin
Privileged Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf2080 View Post
For me It would have to be The Godfather and Scarface. Watched them a few times and just can't get what people like about it.
Saw Scarface once. I liked it, but never to the point where some folks do. I have known people who think that Scarface is one of the best cinematic experiencies of the last century...

I mean, it's OK, but let's not go overboard...
Old 09-12-2008, 07:24 PM   #12
rasputin
Privileged Member

Cool

Quote:
Actually I am wondering if Sergio Leone's "Once Upon A Time In America" is going to get touted here.
On a personal level it is one of my all time favourite films. I true piece of cinematic splendor and genius.
I just have a suspicion that it might be hated here, unless of course the inclusion of two rape scenes renders it immune?

Lem

Sergio Leone: FUCKING GENIUS! That's all I've gotto say. After The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, he can afford to make all the bad movies he wants.

Ass kicking.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:31 PM   #13
rasputin
Privileged Member

Cool

Oh, by the way, I never saw Once Upon a Time in America.

But I would expect Sergio Leone to do a decent job of it? Especially if he was casting Rober De Niro in the main role?
Old 09-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #14
rasputin
Privileged Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
The "Great Movie" I thought was a flop when I finally got to see it was 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I saw it about 10 yrs after it was released. Always had heard what a fantastic space flick it was. Well maybe it was something in it's day, but I just didn't get it.

Gryph
2001's plot is rather cryptic, and that tends to turn off a lot of people. There was a website where the movie is explained for those who had a hard time understanding it. But even the explanation does not explain everything.

Apparently, Kubric took a lot of liberties with the plot.

However, The Matrix was also rather confusing for some people the first time they saw it, but they enjoyed it just the same.

I wonder what fate that movie will have, say, thirty years from now? Will expectators see it for what it was, or will they be underwhelmed by the whole experience?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:23 PM   #15
theDarkOne
Banned

Location: Never gonna give you up,Never gonna let you down,Never gonna run around and desert you.
theDarkOne has a maximum reputation! (1000+)theDarkOne has a maximum reputation! (1000+)theDarkOne has a maximum reputation! (1000+)theDarkOne has a maximum reputation! (1000+)theDarkOne has a maximum reputation! (1000+)theDarkOne has a maximum reputation! (1000+)theDarkOne has a maximum reputation! (1000+)theDarkOne has a maximum reputation! (1000+)theDarkOne has a maximum reputation! (1000+)theDarkOne has a maximum reputation! (1000+)theDarkOne has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
For me, a movie that was raved about...even won oscars for best picture, best screenplay and best editing. Was Crash, directed by Paul Haggis.
I thought it was one of the worst films I had watched in years.

Lem
No Shit,i HATED that flick.So mellow dramatic and schmaltzy.

Im going to pick one that i know a lot of people like.Boondock Saints....
Everyone told me i had to see it and what a great movie it was.I thought it was terrible.Maybe people built it up to much.Sometimes that happens but i was laughing the whole way through and i know i wasn't supposed to be but damn,that was bad.Maybe i need to see it again.
theDarkOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 05:06 PM   #16
deputyduffy
Privileged Member

deputyduffy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)deputyduffy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)deputyduffy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)deputyduffy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)deputyduffy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)deputyduffy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)deputyduffy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)deputyduffy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)deputyduffy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)deputyduffy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)deputyduffy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

The whole Mission Impossible thing...and them Bourn Identity crapolas.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:47 PM   #17
Kamikaze84
Privileged Member

Kamikaze84 Level 3 (300+)Kamikaze84 Level 3 (300+)Kamikaze84 Level 3 (300+)Kamikaze84 Level 3 (300+)

I liked the first Mission Impossible but not the others, I haven't seen the third Bourne one but I liked the first 2.
I liked the Matrix but thought it should have ended there. I won't even watch the sequels.
I didn't like Crash or Scarface, I do like the first 2 Godfathers though and Titanic was sooooo long and boring.

Now for my picks: No Country for Old Men (where the heck is the ending?)
Blade Runner - I know it's touted as a classic masterpiece but I honestly just couldn't get into it and I usually like Ford and Hauer. I only saw it the once so maybe I'll give it another go but I doubt anything will change.

Oh and I just remembered those new Star Wars movies. Hyped to the max and a total let-down. Episode 3 was ok I guess but they should edit out that last scene with Vader, completely ruined it for me, lol.

Last edited by Kamikaze84; 09-13-2008 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Terrible memory
Kamikaze84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:57 AM   #18
mox_357

mox_357 has initial reputation

the accused (just watched jodie =P)
mox_357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:02 AM   #19
ahmedomally

ahmedomally has initial reputation

I don't understand how Titanic did as well as it did. It's just a sappy love story with a oversized budget. Everyone went apeshit for this movie when it came out. I also don't see how John Waters is allowed to keep making movies and people pay to see them. I think people think they will be thought of as uncool if they admit his movies are shit.
ahmedomally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #20
rasputin
Privileged Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedomally View Post
I don't understand how Titanic did as well as it did. It's just a sappy love story with a oversized budget. Everyone went apeshit for this movie when it came out. I also don't see how John Waters is allowed to keep making movies and people pay to see them. I think people think they will be thought of as uncool if they admit his movies are shit.
Yep. I don't like any of his movies. The ones he has made, and the ones he hasn't, yet. John Waters is nothing but another Ed Wood in a more expensive tuxedo.