View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #16
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Think Thursdays storm was worse. Was windy all morning, then started to rain a little around midday. Then at 12.30pm all hell let loose! The rain came in horizontally from a roughly north-easterly direction, blown by a wind that made the rain feel like hail stones.

Two of us were still out on the slab, we took shelter against the south elevation of the north wall. I kid you not. When the rain stopped, I made to head back to the site welfare area. Stepping out from behind the wall I turned to face the wind and just could not take a step forward. Bollocks to that! Got back behind that wall a bit quick.

The worst of it passed in about fifteen minutes, then the youngest of site management appeared on the slab to tell us site was shut.

Driving back to Manchester, there were radio reports of virtually every major motorway in the region being shut due to overturned vehicles. Traffic was slow, but not too bad, quiet time of day. Plus, many seemed to have had the good sense to stay at home.

Two killed. Around 120 000 holes reported without power. 1500 homes reported flooded. Winds of 140mph recorded in Scotland. Floods along the coast in North Wales, The Wirral, The Fylde, and in the south-eastern corner of England from Lincolnshire down to Essex.

Where's Pete?

THE WESTCOUNTRY SHALL RISE AGAIN!

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

We're Englishmen, and we came here, to rape your women and drink your beer.

I went back in time and voted for Hitler.

Pouring oil on troubled waters since 2008. Then lighting a fucking match.
FuckingRotter is offline   Reply With Quote