View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 12:18 PM   #52
Louise
Privileged Member

Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Chi, the problem with that argument is actually highlighted by your earlier statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHoney
... And society if contradictory, trying to supress the human element by laws and shit.
Some time ago the G77 was formed of the worlds poorest nations in order to counter balance the G7, perhaps the begining of an economic resistance, they called for a new world economic order...but of course...it failed. Human beings being what they are, inherently selfish animals, the members of the G77 could never agree on anything that would be detrimental to their own nation. There is no unified class of oppressed, if there were then the western/developed world would indeed be in some serious position.

Take Africa...potentially one of the worlds most economically powerful contintents. Despite complaining about being exploited by western corporations and institutions, Africa remains divided in cause and in direction...and yet nearly half a century after independence the vast majority of the people of Africa labour under oppression, corruption and fear of THEIR OWN LEADERS. Why?

Why, if there is such a thing as a class concisouness have these people not risen up and cast off the shackles that bind them so tightly? This isnt imperialism...its something deeper than that...I suspect I know why, but I better shut up now.