View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
shysnale
Neurotic Escargot

shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)shysnale has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Default The Movies & Sitcoms Thread

Hey.

I loved the discussion about 'The American Horror Story' in the General Rape Forum so I thought we could start a 'Movie & Sitcoms Thread', talking about any kind of movies & tv programs.

I usually get really inspired by stories happening in asylums. I haven't seen The American Horror Story or any sitcoms taking place in mental institutes but I've seen movies about it : One Flew Over A Cuckoo's Nest, Girl Interrupted, Shutter Island........what else should I see ?

I love stories taking place in Asylums because it takes a lot of talent for a director to write scripts for nut characters. A lot of people think actors playing crazy people just need to drool and shiver and crawl on the floor but it's actually much more than that. A director need psychology knowledge to make it look realistic, ex : a guy suffering from personality disorder constantly switching between different behaviors needs accurate words in the script for his character to sound real, a guy suffering from dementia should always be talking about stuff from his past surrounding the trauma that made his mind loose contact with reality..

I think I can say movies about madness and neurosis in different degree are the most inspiring to me as a movie lover, even if they don't take place in asylums.

I recommend a wonderful movie about a dancer suffering from personality disorder, hallucinations and acute depression : Black Swan. starring Nathalie Portman and Vicent Cassel.

Which movies and sitcoms have you seen lately ?

Last edited by shysnale; 11-06-2013 at 04:11 AM.
shysnale is offline   Reply With Quote