View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 02:39 PM   #17
Ntense
Privileged Member

Ntense Level 5 (500+)Ntense Level 5 (500+)Ntense Level 5 (500+)Ntense Level 5 (500+)Ntense Level 5 (500+)Ntense Level 5 (500+)

It's a little off-topic, but the fantasy 'war in the Middle East' was likely started by our government on purpose. When the economy is slow, they drum up a war 'cos it's good for business. It's one of the downfalls of a capitalistic society... and it's sadly pretty easy to provoke.

As I recall from back then, the official US State Department line to Saddam was "Oh, we think Middle East problems should be handled in the Middle East. We don't really want to get involved", even though they knew full well that he was using the humanitarian aid money we'd been giving him to buy Russian military hardware in large quantities. I think they were hoping he'd attack Iran, but it didn't pan out. Oops. Once George Sr. found it boosted his popularity polls, it was almost impossible to get the stupid pricks to back off from their mini-war. His idiot son is blindly following in daddy's footsteps.

Before they went in, they knew damn well that the Arabs are one of the most insular countries on the planet, and it was likely to start another fucking Jihad. The response by Hasn't Been Laid should have been expected, although realistically the casualties have been pretty mild. We kill 10 times that number on the roads here every year purely accidentally (if you can call drunks an accident).

My 2 cents on that issue...