View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 02:45 AM   #3
Sternenlied
Unknown Entity

Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Sternenlied

This is how perception gets distorted.

1) A "group of academics" (from where? based on what?)

leads to

2) What do they teach in school?

I live here, read two newspapers and watch the news at least twice a day - I have never heard of any such "demand".

Actually first resistance against area bombings of Dresden and other German cities arose in Great Britain herself during WW2 and the necessity of these bombings is still in dispute among historians from many countries (from the UK as well) - very much like the attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

There are even Jews living in Israel denying its very right of existence (of the state of Israel) ... there will always be people - just look at RB - who will make a point just because it is controversial while others might have valid arguments opposing the general majority.
In the USA there are still people who "support" the Confederation ...

I went to school in both countries and I can safely asure you - history class in the UK is much more radically "perverted" than it is in Germany.

While I can see why such a "suggestion" might anger people (would have enraged my parents as well; but they simply hated Germans in general) I must say I am rather surprised. From you I would have expected a more distinguished point of view.