View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 06:44 AM   #30
HRH1948
Texan by the grace of God

HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)HRH1948 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuckingRotter View Post
The single most brilliant act of the entire war was the Royal Navy sinking the French navy after they rolled over and let Hitler bum ten types of shit out of them.

Don't mistake the downplaying of the US role in WWII for ingratitude. Undoubtedly without the support from across the Atlantic, Britain would have never even considered entering the fray, let alone been able to stay in it. We would have starved for starters. Hitler proved himself inept however when faced with a real and determined enemy. He should have wiped us out at Dunkirk, but didn't. He could have wiped us out by destroying our ports and airfields, but didn't. He overstretched himself in Africa and Russia.

The USA didn't rescue Britain. Britain, and the USA rescued the rest of Europe, especially those cheese eating surrender monkeys. Kicking us out of France was one thing, invading this sceptre isle would have been something else. Something that every man, woman, and child would have opposed vehemently. Just as Hitler broke his teeth on the rocky shores of Malta, he would have broken his balls on the tough boots of Britain.

The USA merely shortened the war, and ensured their true enemy, The Soviet Union, didn't take too much of the spoils of the conflict.

I suspect that Merkel would have more success here today, than Hitler ever stood of having.
By George, I think I see the clarity of your argument. If it weren't for the US, Britain wouldn't have entered the fray, couldn't have stayed in the fray and would have starved to death, but the US didn't rescue Britain. Whoa wait, I lost that fleeting moment of clarity and I'm confused again.

Due to Hitler's revenge tactics of targeting civilian targets, the RAF barely managed to cling to air superiority and that saved the unarmed British on the scepter'd isle from having to take German lessons. "Never was so much owed by so many to so few."

I submit that Hitler and Stalin were both cancerous growths on civilization. The German and Russian people were never our enemies.

I too admire the achievements of Ms. Merkel. Is it just me or does anyone else see a resemblance to Margaret Thatcher?

Most Promising Member of 2009

Best Movie Poster of 2010
HRH1948 is offline   Reply With Quote