View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
Sweetlust
Privileged Member

Sweetlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sweetlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sweetlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sweetlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sweetlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sweetlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sweetlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sweetlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sweetlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sweetlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sweetlust has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

I still couldn’t believe it. Here I was in the middle of a freakin’ street market, in the freakin’ U.K., all by my freakin’ self! Yes I was! Nobody thought I’d make this trip on my own, but I did.

I’d broken up with my boyfriend of three years when I found out that the spineless, faithless asswipe had been sleeping with one of the checkout girls at our local deli. No wonder he always needed to pick up ‘something’ from the deli on the way home from work. Yeah…he was picking up a little something alright. His best friend slipped up and ratted him out. Well, maybe he wanted me to know. How cliché—the girlfriend is always the last to know!

We had planned this trip months ago, ironically as an affirmation of our relationship. I dumped him, but I kept the trip plans. Everybody, including my mother told me not to go, but I was determined. You see, people always view me as some meek, timid mouse, afraid of her own shadow. I had barely been out of the state, let alone the country.

Breaking up with Ben was just the beginning of making me over. I had a new attitude—try something new! So, here I was making a tour of Europe. Granted, it was the usual countries—the U.K., France and Germany—I wasn’t that brave to go farther, just yet.

Still, this was a triumph for me. I had been in London four days and I was so excited. Even more so now that I was tooling around town and feeling like a real Londoner—if that makes any sense. That first day, I was terribly nervous, but a kindly clerk at the hotel gave me lots of helpful advice on things to do and see beyond just the ‘tourist’ stuff. He was ever so helpful pointing out places I should go to get some local flavor to make my trip much more memorable and interesting.

He was right. Today I’d found yet another of his suggestions—Brick Lane Market. What a gem! It was totally the kind of thing I liked. I was amazed by the market stalls I’d only ever seen on shows like EastEnders. I was enchanted. There was something for everyone!

I was glad I decided to wear my chestnut colored hair up in a ponytail. That would keep it out of my eyes and my hands would be free. Instead of having to constantly push the silky strands from my face. I wore glasses but decided to wear contact lenses instead, to make it less cumbersome on myself.

I opted for a pair of jeans that hugged my curvy ass but not obscenely tight like skinny jeans. Whatever my boyfriend thought I lacked, it definitely wasn’t in the figure department. I was a healthy handful with 36C breasts and hips that flared out from a rounded backside. He accused me of dressing like a college kid instead of a sexy woman. I wanted to be comfortable. Now I could be just that—comfortable!

My tee shirt was red with a popular band’s name emblazoned across the front. I opted to forego makeup instead just wearing a bit of lip gloss. I was satisfied that I didn’t look too much like a tourist.

By the time I finished navigating the Market, it was getting late. I had found a ton of cool stuff. But, I’d only planned to be there a couple of hours and was dismayed to see it was nearly four hours later. I mentally chastised myself when I headed in the direction I thought was my way back to the Underground.

Everything looked different this time of day and I wasn’t sure which way I should go. Standing near a jewelry stall, I looked lost, I was sure of it.

My theory was proved true when I heard a friendly voice coming from behind me. I whirled quickly, nearly dropping one of my packages. I was surprised to see a tall nice looking man smiling down at me.

“Huh? Oh...I…what?” I stammered. Wow, Amanda, real smooth girl! He will think you’re a nutjob. I silently chastised myself and cleared my throat. “I’m sorry, what did you say?” I returned his smile.

“I asked if you were alright.” He smiled again. It was a warm inviting look. I figured most Europeans to be dismissive, but so far everyone had been very friendly and he was quite good-looking. I nervously smoothed a stray hair from my neck.

“I...um…seem to have lost my way to the Underground. I guess I sort of got turned around. I thought it was up that street, but I don’t recognize it. I’ve only been here a few days. Visiting from the U.S. I think I’d get lost in box if I tried hard enough.” Another nervous laugh slipped from me. I also realized I was talking way too much. That was a bad tendency of mine. “If you could possibly point me in the right direction I think I can manage from there.” I felt myself blushing with embarrassment. I don’t know why. Surely he didn’t find anything attractive about me-- I must have looked like a frazzled hot mess!

Last edited by Sweetlust; 05-18-2014 at 03:04 PM.
Sweetlust is offline   Reply With Quote