View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #1193
GirlAnachronism

GirlAnachronism has a maximum reputation! (1000+)GirlAnachronism has a maximum reputation! (1000+)GirlAnachronism has a maximum reputation! (1000+)GirlAnachronism has a maximum reputation! (1000+)GirlAnachronism has a maximum reputation! (1000+)GirlAnachronism has a maximum reputation! (1000+)GirlAnachronism has a maximum reputation! (1000+)GirlAnachronism has a maximum reputation! (1000+)GirlAnachronism has a maximum reputation! (1000+)GirlAnachronism has a maximum reputation! (1000+)GirlAnachronism has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Americans WOULD want to bring guns and C-4 to a negotiation, but I won't get into that.. I'm sure all of Canada would back you up on that though if it meant we got the NHL back this season.

"In other news, Canadians are so distraught about this they want the government to intervene (this was in a newspaper a few days ago):

With the NHL lockout an almost certainty, it has become apparent that the owners and players aren't subject to the same intervention federal Labour Minister Lisa Raitt and the Conservative government imposed on unions whose disputes would "hurt the economy."

With an NHL lockout bringing losses estimated at $1.8 billion, one would think that Raitt would use Bill C-33 to force an agreement on the parties. Are the millionaires and billionaires of the NHL not subject to the same laws as the people who pay their salaries?

With little or no pay increases imposed on workers in Canada by Stephen Harper's government, why do such different standards apply to the wealthy under Canadian law?"

Obviously not just about hockey, but it would be nice if the government forced the two parties to get along and hammer out an agreement like adults. And yes, a hockey lock out does effect our economy...the bars restaurants and liquor stores here are already laying off servers, bar tenders etc... I can't find the article that estimates how much tax revenue will be lost in Vancouver alone but I do remember it was in the millions.
leave me dying on the ground.
And I want love to
split my mouth wide open and
cover up my ears,
and never let me hear a sound.
GirlAnachronism is offline   Reply With Quote