View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #235
Reimagined

Reimagined Level 7 (700+)Reimagined Level 7 (700+)Reimagined Level 7 (700+)Reimagined Level 7 (700+)Reimagined Level 7 (700+)Reimagined Level 7 (700+)Reimagined Level 7 (700+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
Hey. I just read this and your first post in this thread. Its alot easier to tell complete strangers.

I know I felt (and still do alot) like I wish I hadn't tried to resist. He was raping me already and i kicked him and he got really angry......
And I don't know if it makes sense to you, Tanya. But people wonder, why blame yourself?

Thing is, when something happens, you want to find an answer that somehow explains why it happened. Just hearing, "Bad things happen to good people" doesn't help.

Did I have any responsibility in this? What could I have done differently? Could I have been more direct? Maybe I should have said yes...

I know it sounds dumb but, somehow believing it's my fault provides a sense of resolution. Like, at least it's something, rather than staring out into my life trying to rack my brain figuring out why it happened the way it did, and leaving big gaping question mark.
Reimagined is offline   Reply With Quote