View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 11:33 PM   #1237
lysyn
'bout bloody time.

lysyn has a maximum reputation! (1000+)lysyn has a maximum reputation! (1000+)lysyn has a maximum reputation! (1000+)lysyn has a maximum reputation! (1000+)lysyn has a maximum reputation! (1000+)lysyn has a maximum reputation! (1000+)lysyn has a maximum reputation! (1000+)lysyn has a maximum reputation! (1000+)lysyn has a maximum reputation! (1000+)lysyn has a maximum reputation! (1000+)lysyn has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Oh there have been some really shitty calls. The 10 min against Cooke was ridiculous. And the other guy got 4? What the ever loving fuck is that? He attacked Cooke. Cooke didn't even defend himself, he just took the beating. And I think we can safely say that Cooke isn't a pussy. He's proved it for years as a goon before he cleaned his game up. And he has cleaned his game up. He has been playing beautifully. And he gets ejected? Fuck you, refs.

I'm not saying that what happened isn't sad but for the Sens to believe that Matt Cooke would intentionally risk ending a fellow hockey players career is ludacris. It was a clean hit, you just can't always be sure where your skate blade will hit. He was not trying to maim a guy, he was trying to hit him. Period. Give the guy a little credit, he has really worked hard to put his old image behind him, and I think he has. He has a new respect for the game and all the men that play it, enough so that he doesn't play dirty anymore. And he would never puposely risk permanently injuring another player over a game.

It's hockey. It can be a damn dangerous game and accidents happen. Every man that plays it knows the risks going in and they still play.
lysyn is offline   Reply With Quote