View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 12:23 AM   #38
Spaulding4Prez
Banned

Spaulding4Prez has initial reputation

Hmm. Josh Becker. Well, I love horror movies, and he worked on Evil Dead which is one of the best movies ever, but he is a bit off the mark here. He poses the question "Who gives a flying fuck" about Jesus dying 2,000 years ago. Well, it is one of the defining moments in human history. No single person has had that big of an impact since. So whether you believe in the man or not, his death is a signifying event in history.

Poor Mr. Becker says "The fact that over a billion Christians get down on their knees and pray to a dead Jew has always amused and fascinated me from the time I was a little kid." Maybe he didn't read the part where Jesus comes back from the dead?

But I will agree with him that religion is evil. Christianity is often confused as a religion rather than what it should be, which is a relationship with God, and the forgiveness of sins by the blood of Jesus, and grace through the Holy Spirit. How many of us are slaves to sin? How many of us are so bitter and hate filled? Truly accepting Jesus is a way to get through that.
Spaulding4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote