View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 01:59 AM   #8
Brek

Brek is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Brek Send a message via MSN to Brek

I actually think the "slut" and "whore" dismisses the power of the rapist, to me. I like the sociopath who is simply completely happy throughout the entire experience. But in some contexts it makes some sense (also add "bitch", "cunt", "tramp", "ho", "cumbucket") and is certainly fun, and it also makes the rape (especially rape of a stranger or rape by an angry character) more realistic, which can be totally good. It just depends, I guess.

An associated issue: Do people like it when there is an interracial rape (i.e. white-on-Asian, white-on-black, black-on-white, etc.) going on and racial epithets are used?

I agree, the latter is more interesting to me. But the two aren't good comparisons: The first is just poorly written and lacks any details, so you have no idea what the person looks like or how to envision them. The latter gives concretes: Lawyer, boyfriend, etc. The second does have the "Rape an emasculating bitch" subtext, sure, but that's only one of many subtexts that are attractive (though fiery women are just plain sexy ). I guess the "mirror rule" that people in dominant professions in real life tend to be submissive players and people in service or submissive professions tend to be dominant players would be part of it here, too. My basic point would be that if you had a description of the former, say that she's a 29-year old brunette 36D schoolteacher who wants to feel like an abused cunt (and had that written well with some concretes), you might be more attracted to it. For example: An ex of mine would immediately adopt a submissive role in the rape, asking me why I'm doing it and why she was my target. That worked in context.
"The BDSM credo, "safe, sane and consensual," does NOT mean that all scenes have to be about consent fantasies. It means only that all participants should consent to what their scene consists of. And if I want my boyfriend to chase me around the house, fling me on the bed, pull off my clothes and pry my legs open.." - Lorelei
Brek is offline   Reply With Quote