View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 08:46 PM   #6
IvoryBeast
Privileged Member

IvoryBeast has a maximum reputation! (1000+)IvoryBeast has a maximum reputation! (1000+)IvoryBeast has a maximum reputation! (1000+)IvoryBeast has a maximum reputation! (1000+)IvoryBeast has a maximum reputation! (1000+)IvoryBeast has a maximum reputation! (1000+)IvoryBeast has a maximum reputation! (1000+)IvoryBeast has a maximum reputation! (1000+)IvoryBeast has a maximum reputation! (1000+)IvoryBeast has a maximum reputation! (1000+)IvoryBeast has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

It is true that Lennon abused his wife, and emotionally neglected his son Julian. That is well documented. I think people forget that John came from a very unstable childhood.

His father was often away from home but sent regular pay cheques to 9 Newcastle Road, Liverpool, where Lennon lived with his mother,[3] but the cheques stopped when he went absent without leave in February 1944.[4][5] When he eventually came home six months later, he offered to look after the family, but Julia—by then pregnant with another man's child—rejected the idea.[6] After her sister, Mimi Smith, twice complained to Liverpool's Social Services, Julia handed the care of Lennon over to her. In July 1946 Lennon's father visited Smith and took his son to Blackpool, secretly intending to emigrate to New Zealand with him.[7] Julia followed them—with her partner at the time, 'Bobby' Dykins—and after a heated argument his father forced the five-year-old to choose between them. Lennon twice chose his father, but as his mother walked away, he began to cry and followed her.[8] It would be 20 years before he had contact with his father again.

I don't care who you are..... when you don't get proper building blocks growing up, you're going to have issues that emerge as an adult. There's a reason its called the cycle of abuse.

I think its also important to remember that at about age 21.... he was given unprecedented success and power.... That coupled with an emotionally unstable past..... I'm surprised worse stories haven't emerged, but its no surprise that he had a bad drug problem.

I think John carried on about peace and love in a way to make amends in other area's of his life. When he was murdered in 1980 he was denied the ability to make amends for his actions, or choose not to.
Doesn't mean you're forgiven"
IvoryBeast is offline   Reply With Quote