View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 03:11 AM   #37
Stainless Steel Rat
Lord of the Labyrinth

Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Lightbulb A Word about Understanding

I'm not going to respond to anyone in particular about this subject but I will say that I enjoy extreme fantasies of a wide variety and flavor. A discussion very similar to this came up on another board I frequent {though I don't post there often anymore} and was actually a bit more shall we say, energized. I did step forward in that discussion and I am sharing what I posted there as it seems to have equal relevance here given the current discussion.

Folks if I may,

While I have been around for some time in the community I mostly lurk only seldom posting. However in this case I do feel the need to weigh in on the discussion at hand. In any group which creates itself as unique from a larger societal whole there is the ever present need among people to further segregate themselves into still smaller groups. So while members of this board would rally together {figuratively if not literally} against the greater restrictive mores of society which might brand all here as "sick and degenerated", they are still willing to morally justify {even if just subconsciously} their own fantasies while at the same time disparaging others {either by overt words or by their own inner unease}.

And why is this one may ask? Humans have sought to look into their own inner souls since we first rose from the primordial slime of our creation. Who are we? Why are we here? What is our purpose? In an ever increasing circle we gather and social norms are established which govern "proper" behavior from "deviant" behavior. Once these norms are set it becomes open season for those who adhere to "proper" behavior to set themselves above those who follow the "deviant" route. The question here shouldn't be is this fantasy correct and is that fantasy wrong because by definition all FANTASIES are correct {only when one seeks to act some out do we see problems}. It is only when one chooses to cross the line between fantasy and reality that any sort of judgment may be in order. Nearly every act on this board if done for REAL is a crime not just against the laws of man but a violation of the inalienable human rights which all people should {unfortunately not "do"} enjoy.

My personal fantasies are of all forms of chaos some which fit in very well with this board and some which don't. Would I ever want to really kill someone or have sex with their corpse? Absolutely not because it is a violation of the inalienable human rights which I mentioned above. Would I fantasize about it and role-play it out with a willing victim who was also into such fantasies? You bet, because the shared intimacy of such fantasies is simply another way for two {or more if that's what you like} consenting adults to express feelings for one another. And that's what it all comes down to. If the fantasy act involves two {or more} CONSENTING adults then it should be anything goes and more power to them.

I would never seek to judge or in any way malign a fantasy which someone has which I may not personally have any interest in. Face it there are a myriad of fantasy niches out in the world which people on this board have never heard of {nor would they probably want to}. Being a curious person by nature and fascinated with how people think and work both alone and in group dynamics I revel in discovering new things even if I myself would never participate. But just because I don't find something personally interesting doesn't mean I should judge it based on my own mores. This is why nations still struggle to understand each other let alone individuals, and until we as a species and we as individuals learn to be more tolerant of others our world will remain that much diminished.

In the final analysis I may have said a great deal here and I may have said nothing, a few musings from **********, take them for what they're worth. Play safe all.

Cheers all, the Stainless Steel Rat