View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 11:20 PM   #35
walker2056

walker2056 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)walker2056 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)walker2056 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)walker2056 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)walker2056 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)walker2056 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)walker2056 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)walker2056 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)walker2056 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Default Fascinating discussion.

There isn't much left to be said, but I suppose I may be able to clarify a few minor points.

Most bondage or S&M shoots do employ safe words and safe actions. You can't really count on the dialogue such as it is to indicate is the actress does or doesn't want to continue. That said most professionals are very sensitive to even the possability that the actress may have forgotten the safe options and will halt taping to verify that the actress is ok if her acting is too credible.

Personally I disagree with the court ruling for the very same reasons that many of you here already have stated. I do not believe that you can or should legislate morality and that seems to be what they were doing.

On the subject of using the US mail for a carrier. You should note that the sting agents requested to have the DVDs sent to a PO Box. The US Postal Service is the only carrier service legally allowed to deliver to PO Boxes. The distributor erred in accepting a PO Box for a shipping address. The production company should have specified in its contract with the distributor that only alternate carriers would be used.

Our country's puritan roots are showing. Making laws to keep people from being exposed to undesired materials is reasonable (and yet I still receive spam in my snail mail box every week). Preventing other people from acquiring said materials if they desire to seems considerably less reasonable. To suggest that because my neighbor doesn't approve of it I am not allowed to purchase a certain movie(containing no illegal activity) or book is simply unacceptable.