View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 03:03 AM   #50
MarcEdeSade
Amoralist Libertine

MarcEdeSade has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MarcEdeSade has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MarcEdeSade has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MarcEdeSade has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MarcEdeSade has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MarcEdeSade has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MarcEdeSade has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MarcEdeSade has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MarcEdeSade has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HN1
If you seriously believe that CRAP, I suggest you take a look at a few person accounts on a few rape crisis websites such as http://www.safehaven-uk.org, and http://www.survive.org.uk

Except for a small number of people, rape DOES destroy lives. It's not like namecalling where it hurts you and you may get over it in time, or like being hit where you get bruised, and the bruise heals, and after a while you feel fine. It causes immense psychological harm. Just a few of the problems it causes (even long after the event, sometimes for life) are: suicidal thoughts, feelings, and even attempts; extreme trauma; relationship problems; panic attacks... and these are just a few. If you really are stupid enough to believe what you wrote above this, then I suggest you look at those websites before blankly arguing that you're not stupid.

I thought this was just a rape fantasy site. My arse! It's a place for real rapists to get together by the looks of things.
1st warning
Bullhonkery. As insinuated in my post, there are people who lose use of their legs and become bitter sniveling stumps, and there are those who go on to live full, complete lives. The difference is not the injury, but the way the person reacted to it. Showing examples of people who let it destroy them does not weaken my argument, it strengthens my argument.

I further that the worse society views rape, the worse the rape will affect people who pay attention to society's views.

Look at how harmful molestation is today, but in ancient classical times, boys were routinely used for sex, with no resulting damage. There are tribes in which one rite of passage is to "bring about semen in boys by donating it" (one-time anal intercourse between elders and pubescents seen as a tribal duty) The newly-formed "men" have no lasting trauma, because it is part of their normal ritual.

Psychological damage does not happen by things you don't think about (beck, ellis) the way you think about things causes the way they shape you. IF you were raped while unconscious, and never found out about it, or had any memory of it at all, you'd never be traumatized by it.

As far as the posters here, perhaps there are real rapists among them. Perhaps not. God knows you find all types of people everywhere, especially on the internet. I've been looking for a "play date" here, but not obsessively. Obviously if I were looking for ACTUAL rape victims, I'd probably be advertising free drug parties in a chatroom. I doubt real rapists would be discussing it so openly and intelligently, although anything's possible.

Last edited by MarcEdeSade; 06-25-2006 at 03:12 AM.
MarcEdeSade is offline   Reply With Quote