View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 09:02 PM   #7
Noir
Privileged Member

Noir has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Noir has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Noir has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Noir has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Noir has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Noir has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Noir has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Noir has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Noir has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Noir has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Noir has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

I voted no but I do share Rasputin's view about not feeling sorry for a person who has caused more harm to others than what could ever be considered to be "repayed" through the legal system. After all rape is an intimate crime which does grant pleasure to one and as so it could never be seen in my eyes as a justified punishment. Even if I would consider execution to be in order for some serious crime I would not see it fit to gain anything out from that myself because it would lower me to a level which I consider unacceptable for a person having this kind of a grim duty. On the other hand I can't simply wrap this up easily because if a person has for example seen his family being slaughtered infront of his eyes an action as disturbing as rape can be seen as a reaction that can easily be understood even if it is not acceptable so at best my answer to this question remains inside the area I picked from the poll even though it might stretch and almost reach the border between the two opposites...

Maybe I should have just answered the poll without responding since this message appears to be rather messy.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote