View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 11:51 AM   #31
Morbinnie
Privileged Member

Morbinnie has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Morbinnie has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Morbinnie has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Morbinnie has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Morbinnie has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Morbinnie has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Morbinnie has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Morbinnie has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Morbinnie has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via MSN to Morbinnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
This whole argument as to who did what to whom and why is ridiculous. Lord knows there is enough shame - and glory - to go around.

The Americans decided to sit by and watch the world burn until they blew up our ships. Then we got mad. It's no good acting like conquering heroes when in fact it was us throwing a playground tantrum.

The Brits can't exactly claim the high road, either. You abandoned the very colonies you swore to protect, with Churchill telling those colonies to go ask the Americans for support. This led directly to the fall of the British Empire, since nobody wanted to defer to a Crown which scuttles and runs when the going gets rough.

Net result? Even a remarkably inept Axis very nearly conquered two nations which before the war were considered major powers and lots of brave soldiers on all sides lost their lives.
Yes, I think a better title to this topic would be "Patriotic Delusion".
Just one thing, there is no glory in war.

Last edited by Morbinnie; 07-21-2014 at 12:16 PM. Reason: addendum
Morbinnie is offline   Reply With Quote