View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 12:51 AM   #100
Lorielle

Lorielle has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lorielle has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lorielle has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lorielle has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lorielle has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lorielle has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lorielle has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lorielle has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lorielle has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lorielle has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lorielle has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

When I was about 17 or 18, right before I got together with my husband, I hit a tiny bit of a reckless period. ( Nothing extreme. All in all, I've always been a good girl ) I decided to tempt fate one day, and I went walking at about dusk, alone, at a nearby lake close to where I live.
I didn't go there with the sole intent of finding trouble, but a tiny part of me hoped. I always enjoyed doing some walking and jogging, so I headed alone. It wasn't very long into my jog when I noticed three guys nearby their car. I shook my head to them in acknowledgement and kept running when I noticed that all three turned towards me and started to follow. At first I was turned on by the idea of what they might do if they caught me, but not very long after I realized they WOULD eventually catch me. They were closing speed quickly, and I suddenly realized not only how very stupid this idea was, but that I was alone out there and no one had any idea where I was.
I could easily disappear and no one would know exactly what happened. I could also catch some disease from one of them, or even get pregnant. They reality of the situation came crashing to me very quickly, and I have to admit I have never been more scared in my life.

Anyways, to make a long story short. I had never, ever run so fast in my life, and I was a marathon runner for a while. I was extremely lucky that back then I didn't lock my car, because quite frankly there was nothing to steal, and I was able to reach it and jump in before they could actually catch me. I locked the doors and immediately called my mother, although I did not tell her about the incident or she would have had a heart attack. When they saw me on the phone, they took off.

I have since learned that while I do have this fantasy. There is no way that I would ever purposely place myself in danger again to try and calm some of my curiosity. There are far too many risks involved that I am not willing to take.
Lorielle is offline   Reply With Quote