Thread: Suck This !
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 01:14 AM   #16
Sierra
Privileged Member

Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

At the risk of fanning the flames, I have a few points to make here.

I love my country and I’m proud to be an American. As has been stated before, America is not its government. While I might agree with some or all of your views and opinions, I resent being told my WHOLE COUNTRY sucks. It doesn’t.

I can love my country without hating yours. I do not hate Germany, England, Italy, Egypt, Ireland or even Iraq. I do not verbally attack your countries, and I will thank you not to spew random hate on mine.

Sternenlied, with all due respect I am somewhat surprised at your repeated posts in this vein. I expect mindless idiocy from some of the people in this string. However, you are a woman who intelligence I admire and whose views I respect and yet this is the second time I have seen this vituperative lashing out. Not ALL Americans are mindless lemmings making their way to the sea in a headlong rush to disaster. Not ALL Americans subscribe to the “love it or leave it” way of thinking. America was originally founded by and for dissenters. People often confuse dissent and attack. I don’t. I welcome dissenting views and relish debate – even heated debate – when the views have solid thinking and mutual respect for each other behind them.

In short, I think political debate is healthy and can be interesting. I ask only that we show some respect for each other’s feelings and opinions.

Last edited by Sierra; 08-04-2008 at 02:11 AM.
Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote