View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 06:37 PM   #1
gaggirl
* yawn *

gaggirl has a maximum reputation! (1000+)gaggirl has a maximum reputation! (1000+)gaggirl has a maximum reputation! (1000+)gaggirl has a maximum reputation! (1000+)gaggirl has a maximum reputation! (1000+)gaggirl has a maximum reputation! (1000+)gaggirl has a maximum reputation! (1000+)gaggirl has a maximum reputation! (1000+)gaggirl has a maximum reputation! (1000+)gaggirl has a maximum reputation! (1000+)gaggirl has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Default The Ride (Colossus & gaggirl)

I haven't been riding too long, but I love it. Nothing like going for a ride on a sunny morning!

Hauling up my leather pants and zipping up my jacket, my heart beats a little faster in my chest. Today will be my first ride alone as my mans out of town. Weve been on a few rides so Ill just follow familiar roads. If I get lost I wont be too worried. Dont they say the best way to learn your way around is to get lost?

I start up my little Aprilia and drive off through tambo and out. Bolstered by my independence and feeling of freedom I quickly take new roads. They prove to be an excellent choice. Windy bends, long straights. I'm enjoying whats immediately in front of me so much, I don't realise the road has been inclining slightly for quite while, when suddenly the road winds steeply upwards. Havent done a mountain ride yet. It makes me nervous, but Its too late to stop now.

I take it slow, but thankfully the road is very deserted and there is noone else to worry about. Riding up into it feels like I'm riding into a freezer. The smell is gorgeous- a thick fresh forest scent enhanced with the gently warming sun shining out of the clear sky. Riding it feels extremely cold. I ride around for a little while, five minutes maybe it takes me to cross to the other side. The descent looms ahead but I feel way to cold and stiff to start it.

I pull over to the side of the road nestled in amongst some trees, unzip my jacket, pull off my helmet, and walk through the thin line to the cliff edge. I sit atop the cliff looking out at the countryside. It is so SILENT. My heart sings.
gaggirl is offline   Reply With Quote