View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 12:20 PM   #35
snarkopo
It's been fun

snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to snarkopo

"The semen of several mammals contains vesicles of different composition and origin. We have recently reported on the presence of lipoprotein vesicles in stallion semen. To a certain extent, these resemble human prostasomes, but differ from them in amount and composition. These horse-semen prostasome-like vesicles may be important, not only in horse reproductive physiology, but also in view of stallion semen cryopreservation. In this paper, we have studied horse-semen prostasome-like vesicles and found that they possess less saturated fatty acid than human prostasomes. Moreover, their protein pattern (SDS-PAGE electrophoresis) shows that the 30-50-kDa fraction is less abundant in stallion vesicles. In addition, fluidity (measured as fluorescence anisotropy of diphenylhexatriene) is higher in horse prostasome-like vesicles than in human prostasomes, albeit being much lower than that of most membranes. These findings may be connected to some species-related differences in reproductive physiology: the vaginal milieu of the mare is not acidic and the deposition of semen is intrauterine in the horse but vaginal in humans."

I'm not sure but I think this say's horse semen is better for you than human semen. At least it has less saturated fat. So by all means swallow.