View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
dickbiggers

dickbiggers has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dickbiggers has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dickbiggers has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dickbiggers has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dickbiggers has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dickbiggers has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dickbiggers has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dickbiggers has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dickbiggers has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dickbiggers has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dickbiggers has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Default Home Delivery (Need2BOwned-DickBiggers)

It didn't start out as a hunting trip. In fact, I was returning from my last conquest and had only stopped into the little neighborhood grocery off the highway for a Coke. But the moment I saw her that all changed. She was compact, about 5'3" and 130 pounds. Wavy brown hair over her shoulders. A vaguely ethnic look with the high cheekbones and full lips...Italian? Greek? I couldn't tell. At a quick glance, I figured her for 35, maybe. As she passed me in the produce aisle, it was her eyes I noticed the most. Beautiful brown eyes, the ridge of her brow and the arch of her eyebrows giving her a no-bullshit appearance, oddly mixed with an approachable friendliness. The picture that popped into my head was corporate climber meets soccer mom.

She hardly noticed me when she walked right into me halfway up the aisle. I had subtly drifted directly into her path, and when we collided, I exaggerated my reaction to the impact. She looked up at me and smiled sheepishly. "Oh...sorry!" she said. "I was daydreaming." I smiled benignly down at her, a good head taller than her, "No," I assured her. "My fault." She gave me a quick smile and nod and then moved on, not realizing the significance of the interaction. The instant I saw her, the familiar feeling began to stir inside me. I must have her...this suburban goddess.

The fat man behind the deli counter called out, "Hi, Marie! How's the family?"

My newest crush answered in a soft/smoky voice that perfectly matched her appearance, "Hi, Ed! Fine, thanks!"

So her name was Marie. And although she didn't know it yet...she would be mine.