View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 01:37 AM   #111
ChiTownHoney
Pa'l Mundo

ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Figure View Post
wtf is a vendtia and a le guara? How did you try to be white? what white things did you do? what type of conversations with whites did you have? I think technically a White mexican is by default culturally spaniard. Stormfront obviously recognizes that duhthaduh that country is in europe. I dnt see how you had trouble fitting in i never heard rita hayworth bitch abt fitting in.. And ten how did you try to be a mexican? did u embrace stereotypes n try to act them out? My studies show that Latin Americans believe "white is right" and "light is tight".
A "vendida" or whatever it was I was called is slang I think, in spanish it means "traitor". "Guera" is "white one". Its sometimes used as a term of endearment, but not in my case. As for "acting white", I only had white friends and liked white guys, tried to do my hair like a white girl, even though my hair wasnt like most white girls. I hated it when my family from Mexico came to visit because my friends made fun of them. When I said my name, it was in English.

And by acting Mexican, no I didnt embrace stereotypes, I just started dating Mexican guys and going to Mexican clubs, when the "white" me before that would never step foot in any place Mexicans were. When I said my name, it was in spanish. I even got into Mexican nationalism and joined a Latina sorority my first year of college. I even helped to lead an event called Noche de Gala, a show on Latino heritage where I organized the Rumba dance. I was all into that shit.

Kinda like Malcom X before prison when he went with white women and chemically straightened his hair...then after prison, he was islam and a black pride leader. He was a 3rd white, you know.

Those were all phases I went through when I was younger. I'm older now and have come into my own skin and accept myself as I am.

You are right about how white is considered a status symbol in Latin America. Thats just the way it usually is.

Quote:
Your pretty hi up on the pecking order so i just dont get what your saying. your like hispanic in the alexis bledell sense.
First of all, you have never seen me nor do you know what I look like. I dont look a thing like that girl. Why do you assume that I look white like her?? I'm very mixed, I have alot of brown in me. My brother looks fully Mexican, while I look like I'm Puerto Rican cause' I have nappy hair, and my sister looks pure white (alexis bledell). I just say I'm racially white because what else is my race? Latino/hispanic isnt a race. I'm not brown enough to consider my race indigenous like alot of mexicans can.

Quote:
Yea and in the American context of "middle eastern" Assyrians ar not included in that. Maybe your the one he needs to educate.
What??? That makes absolutely no sense. Assyrians are from what is I believe somewhere in Persia, which would be the middle east. What do you mean I'm the one that needs to be educated? I didnt know you had to know everything about everything. Hurry quick, what type of warfare was most popular during the invasion of spain in the 8th century?? If you didnt know the answer within the first 5 seconds, you need to be educated. not everyone knows everything about everything. You need to educate yourself on that.

he is of middle eastern DECENT. What do you not understand about that? He is just as American as me and as any white or black person who was born here. If he went to another country, he would identify himself as American. He is an American and you cant say otherwise.

Last edited by ChiTownHoney; 08-23-2009 at 01:41 AM.
ChiTownHoney is offline   Reply With Quote