View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 12:35 PM   #19
pervipete
Watching from the shadows

pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to pervipete

Quote:
Originally Posted by older and wiser View Post
Anthony Beevors book Berlin gives a real impression of what it was like for German women at the end of the war against the Russians, they made Atilia look like an outreach worker
I've read this book as well, after which I wondered, if I was in their position would I do the same thing? I like to think no, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarT View Post
One very nasty amd forgotten/unknown to the west was the raping japanese did throughout asia, this is still bone of contention (pun intended) in japan/china/korean reletions as the japanese have largely forgotten and refuse to admit to how bad it was.

They forced women in sexual slavery in Taiwan Korea China and Russia it and must have been a miserable time to be a victim!

i lived in japan and I know how much they are into rape and can believe every story I hear or read. Reading their stories yoy really feel for them...but for the rapists it must have been a real party.
The infamous 'comfort women', some of which were grabbed from a Dutch female POW camp.
pervipete is offline   Reply With Quote