View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 05:34 AM   #14
Saer

Saer Level 1 (100+)Saer Level 1 (100+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyboy View Post
There was a masterplan to rape and get pregnant as much as posible nonserbian
women and young girls in Bosnia during serbian agression. Sometimes, unfortunately, kids were forced to attend a rape of his mothers....so sad...hard to wrote about it.
Ah, no, there wasn't. There were as many serb women raped as non-serb, and there is no evidence for a racial agenda or any "masterplan" for rape by bosnian-serb soldiers, though rape was used as a weapon of terror by both sides. There were also no "serbian rape camps", though there was forced prostitution, i.e. women being held in brothel-type institutions, usually fairly temporary set-ups, again by both sides. And terrible abuses, such as children being made to watch the rape of their mothers is hardly confined to that conflict, you don't even need a war as such.

Back to the topic at hand, rape in war situations absolutely fascinates me, some of it is definately the conquest of a civilisation through the conquest of its women's (and sometimes men's) bodies. The topos of the warlord taking the virgin princess of his enemy is a recuring fantasy of mine. Time-wise, I like the dark-ages/medieval in general, but also a WWII Eastern Europe-type situation, and occasionally a more modern situation, but I will generally put it into a fantasy world rather than using an actual historical conflict between real nations.
Saer is offline   Reply With Quote