Thread: Jimi Hendrix
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 11:33 AM   #2
BoredMom
Privileged Member

BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via ICQ to BoredMom Send a message via Yahoo to BoredMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shysnale
I never never understood why so many people gave Hendrix the best credit ever. I mean I tried to listen to some of his stuff, ok, it's not bad, but I would never call him the best player ever as Malmsteen, Satriani and so many other does. What's wrong with me ? Am I deaf ? When I'm listening to the Who, the Stones, then ok, they have left their mark, and today's music probably wouldnt be the same without them, but Hendrix......please help me understand...

Don't feel bad. I never understood why he was so over the top either. There are far too many tastes in music to understand why any one person could rise to such fame. But then again, many people have never understood the appeal of Elvis either.
BoredMom is offline   Reply With Quote