View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 11:20 AM   #15
jwham
Privileged Member

jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

As the outlaws entered Dodge City, Ned said, “I can’t wait to have me some top shelf whiskey and a good game of cards, how bout you boys?” and everyone to a man agreed, except Jake who said, “I have to get this horse re-shoed before we meet up with the boys and hit the trail again, you boys go ahead and I’ll meet up with yens in a bit, and stay out of trouble”

-----------------

After leaving the Lucas farm, JR acting on his gut feeling stopped following the outlaws trail and made a beeline for Dodge City, to continue to follow the gang’s trail would only lead to him coming across the gang’s crime scene after the fact, after a hard ride to Dodge JR spoke to the Marshal about the ruthless murdering bandits he was following and together a trap was planed.

There was no doubt in JR’s mind who the 5 men entering the Long Branch saloon were, a black skinned Indian, a Mexican, a man wearing an eye patch, and one wearing a double holstered guns, as He, Frank and Two Feathers sat in the darkened corner of the Saloon.

The outlaws all sat down at a round table, Ned pulling out a deck of cards began dealing out a hand as a redheaded lady approached their table asking them what they would like to drink, “Bring us a bottle of your best whiskey suga” Ned answered, when she brought back the whiskey and poured 5 shots Ned said, “Leave the bottle suga” and with a little annoyance in her voice she said “The name is Miss Kitty”

After Miss Kitty walked away from the table JR lit a match putting it to his cigar, which was a signal to the tall US Marshal of Dodge City, Mat Dillon, who was setting at the bar, that these were the men.

When the Marshal got up from the bar his 2 Deputies got up with him all of them drawling there pistols and walked up to the table, while the 2 Texas Rangers and their scout came up on the opposite side of the table, “I want you men to stand and take off those gun belts” the Marshal ordered, Ned looked up seeing all the lawmen who had their guns trained on them ask, “What’s this all about Marshal, we’re just honest cowpokes come in to wash down the trail dust and play a friendly game of cards”

“I been following your trail all the way from Texas Mister, I know who you men are, are you Jake?” JR ask, “Who? I’m afraid you have us confused with someone else, like I said we’re honest cowpokes” Ned insisted, “If your story checks out I will buy drinks for you gentlemen” The Marshal says, “But until then, stand and remove those belts nice and slow like”

Ned and the outlaws slowly stand to their feet, then with a drawl quicker then Mat Dillon had ever seen, Ned drew both of his pistols firing 2 shots at the same time, one hitting the Deputy next to him in the center of his chest dropping him dead on the spot and the other hitting JR in the left shoulder before the Marshal’s bullet dropped Ned dead with a shot to the head, and all the outlaws drew their weapons, and after a flurry of bullets 5 outlaws lay dead in the floor.

News traveled fast through Dodge City that Jake Evens and his gang had been gunned down by the law at the Long Branch saloon, “Damit! Damit!” Jake thought to himself upon hearing the news, then asked the blacksmith how much he owed him, “ 3 dollars” the blacksmith said, and as Jake calmly rode back out of town he said to himself, “Jake Evens is dead Hummm, well Jake ole buddy, looks like you have a clean slate, now all you need is to put together a new gang Ha! Ha! Ha!”

The End.
jwham is offline   Reply With Quote