View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 05:40 AM   #34
cybasn

cybasn has initial reputation
Default E-mail submissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzaius View Post
Actually I do have an idea that I would like to try. I would like Miss Lee to be a Creative Writing teacher. She has a student named Craig who is very good at writing to the point of arrogance. He has this strange crystal around his neck, his good luck charm. She remembers him showing it to her and there things started getting strange. His stories started getting really erotic afterwords, and you suspect his main female protagonist in the stories is you. Worse you are starting to get really aroused by them and find yourself wanting to hear more and more. You feel compelled to try them out so you go to the first one, masturbating an hour before class.
That is not a bad idea. English writing taught by an Asian is a nice excuse for resent. But more general: I like to what I call “re-use of elements”. I prefer it much over things dropping into and out of the story randomly. So the above idea is nice to tie in her job and help it keep the story together.

That said: You could take this one step further. For instance forget about the crystal. Instead tie in the way he gets to her mind with the writing assignments. Which he could for instance at times hand in by e-mail. Some brushed up a bit with small, unassuming animations. Just something to make them look better (you said he was very creative). Maybe not all the time, but she gets used to them. But at some point - maybe not at the start, but eventually - he embeds things in them to trick her mind. Something sublimal at first? Or maybe something more outright “magic / sci-fi” like your crystal? Or maybe leave it vague and hard to explain? And who knows what else he sends along with the e-mails. Spyware is also always a nice idea to get an “information advantage”.

Just as a suggestion of course as an alternative (or addition?) to the crystal as how to get under her skin. Another idea would of course be to work without mind control and instead go for something like blackmail.

I just need to look up now what exactly is an “afterword”.

Last edited by cybasn; 09-29-2014 at 05:49 AM.
cybasn is offline   Reply With Quote