View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 11:19 PM   #11
CRB

CRB Level 2 (200+)CRB Level 2 (200+)CRB Level 2 (200+)

I think the proposal is a poor one.

Here is why. Before this current situation arose, likely, seventy-five percent (or more) of the original material posted on this board came from a select number of "elite" posters in threads under their screen name, in essence, one stop shopping with large concentrations of high quality, quite often, thematically related material in one place and in one thread.

If this one movie or clip per thread idea was the customary practice zodiac's (or Sani's ) thread alone would constitute a huge percentage of the active threads not pushed off the board. Moreover, many high quality videos with active links would be gone, lost, and what remains? A bloated forum loaded with a glut of one movie threads with deleted content and people bumping them trying to get re-ups rather than requesting.

It sounds like a nightmare to me. The "thx" game might be assuaged to some extent by this but to my mind it would be a step in the wrong direction. The fact is that the "rat" had over 1000 posts and could (and did) have access to practically any content links that he targeted for temination so I suspect this "solution" to the last "solution" might be another step in the wrong direction.

Last edited by CRB; 08-30-2008 at 11:34 PM.
CRB is offline   Reply With Quote