View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 06:18 PM   #7
rightidiot
Privileged Member

rightidiot has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rightidiot has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rightidiot has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rightidiot has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rightidiot has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rightidiot has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rightidiot has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rightidiot has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rightidiot has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rightidiot has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rightidiot has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemarchand View Post
Okay Rightidiot. At first I thought you were taking the piss with your suggestion. But it's clear that your not and I make the apology to you for casting dispersions upon your character and idea because of your choice of ID. It takes a big man to apologize when they are wrong. here you find me doing exactly that!

About your suggestion. I can see now that you are genuine in your idea to help reduce the number of spam posts that infect the board on a hourly basis. I too share that desire and am personally trying to come up with a realistic way of doing exactly that so I can present the admin with a workable idea.

I would ask you to think for a moment about the idea of one post, one download, one thread.
Whilst I can understand your reasoning, I cannot help but feel that manner of posting will effectively cause a similar outcome as to the one you are currently trying to fight.
All of the new movie posts are being buried under a pile spam posts. I feel that you would feel similar frustrations trying to sift through the mass of threads that would exist under the plan you currently have.
I admire the fact you want to make a change to the posting behavior that exists right now on the board...in fact I commend you in your efforts even if I disagree with you ideological method. For that I shall spin some rep in your general direction.
If you want someone to discuss ideas with for improving the posting problems that currently exist on the movie and pics forum, then please PM me. It would be great to brainstorm ideas that could lead to something very workable for the staff of this board to be presented with.

Keep up the good work and continue your movie posts.

Regards,

Lemarchand
Thank you very much for your kind words. I think the best way of changing the behaviour on the board is by example, and I for one am going to try to do that.

Previously I had advised either this or some other board to remove all reference to rape, BDSM, forced sex in their movie titles as they can be easily identified by the hosting sites. I also recommended passwords, to prevent accidental downloads and access, but the rat put paid to our problems.

I think the way foward is still 1 movie per post. I still think that password protection must be put into place and I would advocate megarotica as the hosting site and messyshare for the previews.

Im putting it into practice, so lets see what the response is!
rightidiot is offline   Reply With Quote