View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 03:13 AM   #10
Louise
Privileged Member

Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

I decided I’d waited long enough; the early morning sun was just about winning against the assault of low cloud and mist, so I strode into the hallway pulling my coat on and putting my shades over my eyes.
“Madam?” Martins asked suddenly at my side
“I do not require your advice at this time Martins…leave me be”
“Yes Madam…just…be careful” he said…perhaps the first sign of resistance he had shown me in all the years he’d been in my household.

He melted back into the shadows as I strode towards the door, my long black coat flapping behind me. I bounded down the path towards the village moving faster than any human would feel comfortable with. I took a short cut through the wooded area behind the church and was about to burst out into the cemetery when I was hit with a feeling of sharp intelligence I recognized immediately.
She was close…very close…I had nearly run into the Hunter without knowing it.

The realization that I had nearly walked into my potential death shocked me to the very core. Lifting my eyes from the safety of the wood I saw a figure moving amongst the stones. She paused at one…a look of near painful muse crossing her beautiful face…and at that moment I knew which grave she had stopped at and I smiled.

Her head tilted back and she seemed to be enjoying the brief rays of sunshine in the way normals did. Her pale neck was exposed to me and I felt a deep lustful quickening tear through my body. I may have been close to running into my own death, but I wonder whether she realized how close she was to her own. I had to control myself…I desperately wanted to cross the graveyard and sweep her from the place and pierce her defined neck with my teeth…

But that was too easy and…it didn’t feed another need I had, a need she could feed and share. Again I wondered how it would be to kiss her skin…to feel her next to me…a Harker woman in my bed. I smiled as she spun and turned to walk away. No…I’d let her go again. Martins would not approve…but he was MY servant after all.

Just at that moment the sun seemed to pour through a gap in the clouds and bathed the small stone church in light. I frowned behind my shades…the place was offensive to my senses but…something made me move closer. The sunlight had lit up the end window…its stained glass effect seemed to be glowing…almost on fire. I knew the scene of course, id been here before…but this was different. The window portrayed the story of a local witch-finder who had been active four hundred or so years ago and had given his patronage to the church. He had burnt over 70 local women. More by luck than judgment he had actually killed 2 Vampyres.

But this morning…the shards of glass that illustrated the fire around the witches sparkled and twinkled as if they were moving flames. I didn’t believe in fate or reading signs…despite the nature of my kind. But this scene sent a shiver through my normally confident self. I snarled, my face twisted in anger and curling my coat around my body I turned and fled back to the comfort of the dark, damp woods. Eventually I decided to return home.

I suspected I had a house guest to welcome soon.