View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 08:02 AM   #2
Louise
Privileged Member

Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

The day had been grey…a little drizzle fell from the sky and made everything soggy and wet. I loved this weather…bright enough to allow me to feel the heat of the sun…but not enough to threaten me.

The woods had brought a reassuring calmness to me, perhaps a reminder of the vast forests of my ancestoral lands. I had paused half an hour into my walk, my heightened senses aware of watching eyes…I smiled as three wolves padded into my path. They watched me for a moment…I tilted my head at them and they padded back into the woods.

I reached the lawns to the front of my property and found Martins near running towards me clutching a piece of paper as if it were the burial plan of old Vlad himself.
“Madam!!!!”
I smiled in amusement at the excited horror he showed…clearly he had something that was going to interest me…
“What is it Martins?”
He paused, unable, unwilling to speak...he lifted his hand that held the note.
I snatched the piece of paper from his hands...my amusement faded and my face clouded... Just three words.

It’s a Harker.

“I must prepare…”

My hand closed around the piece of paper and crushed it into a ball which smoldered and turned black…crumpling into ash as I let the wind blow it from my hand.