View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 04:11 AM   #14
jwham
Privileged Member

jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmetoo View Post
I'm not sure I agree. If the screener was gay then they could get the same presumed sexual satisfaction as a man checking a woman or vice versa.

From my point of view I think I'd be more worried about a gay guy checking me on the screen over rather than a woman. Don't get me wrong about gays - I have several that are friends. I just don't think this is a situation where you can have such a simple solution because from everything I read the issue with scanners comes down to being sexual in nature.
It is possible that the male screener at the airport screening you could be gay, as it is possible that the cook at your favorite eatery didn't wash his hands after going to the bathroom, just prior to you placing your order. Something's in life we just have no control over, and like you said, this situation, as many other situations in life have no simple solutions, society can only put in place policies that benefit the majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneSolo View Post
Let me see if I got this straight.

Security guard: "Walk through this scanner so I can see you naked."

Random female: "No, I don't want to do that."

Security guard: "Well if you don't I'm gonna have to feel you up, I mean pat you down."

Wow, that is wonderful, maybe I should become a security guard.
This is just a thought, but perhaps if the airport can have the same gender screening, they could have the same gender patting you down, and if they insist on doing a cavity search they are probably gay.
jwham is offline   Reply With Quote