View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 03:52 AM   #54
InnocentVirgin
Banned

InnocentVirgin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)InnocentVirgin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)InnocentVirgin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)InnocentVirgin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)InnocentVirgin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)InnocentVirgin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)InnocentVirgin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)InnocentVirgin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)InnocentVirgin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)InnocentVirgin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)InnocentVirgin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Default X X V I.

Monica stayed in a twilight state until the IV needle punched through the upper layers of skin to her vein, carrying fluid to help stop contractions. She turned her head and looked at Bert with dull eyes.

He probed her gently, his face concerned and sad ...and sober, but his hands didn't falter or shake. He listened intently to her belly, for a long time. When he was finished he lay her on her left side and sat, contemplating her intensely, silently, and with grief. "The contractions stopped. But you ... it seems... Ah, Christ - you have twins. Two heartbeats."

For an endless moment his words hung in the air. He peeled off his gloves with a snap, snap and Monica lurched up with a cry and begged him not to tell Mr. Parks, holding her hands on her belly protectively. "No, child... I have to tell him. It may be the only thing that keeps him off you.

"These contractions stopped easy. The next may not." he paused and his face seemed years older in a matter of a moment. "Aye, telling him is your only chance... he ruins what he touches... My sister..." Bert scrubbed his eyes with his hands and his voice broke at the mention of his sister.

A knock at the door and Dean entered. Monica noticed for the first time that she was no longer in Mr. Parks' chamber, but a smaller one. A combination sitting/bedroom affair that was luxurious and finely appointed.

"How is she?" Dean asked quietly.

"She's fine." Bruised, brutalized and terrified, he wanted to add, but he read the expression on Dean's face well. "Contractions stopped with an IV and rest."

Bert pulled Dean away to talk out of earshot of Monica.

She heard their voices murmuring but didn't try to listen. Her body throbbed, her breasts ached horribly and she felt every beat of her heart in her swollen vagina. What was she going to do? She asked herself that question over and over. He would keep at her.. she knew... until she miscarried or died... or he killed her. Her mind wanted to shut down and not think of her situation.

She didn't have much time to think anyway when the door opened with a crash and Jarred strode in. "She going to be able to stand for the ceremony? I've arranged it for tomorrow afternoon."

Dean and Bert broke apart and Bert answered, "The contractions have stopped..." he took a deep breath and continued, "but, you are going to kill her if you keep at her..." in a split second, Parks had him against the wall by the throat, "It's none of your affair, is it you quack bastard?"

Unafraid for the first time in many years, Bert answered him quietly and simply, "It is. She is having twins and if you persist in this treatment, she'll miscarry." Jarred flung him away suddenly and then a grin appeared, his expression changing like quicksilver. "Twins!"

He strode to Monica and looked down at her... "You'll have a couple of boys - or we'll just have to keep you pregnant if you don't...

"And if you have girls..." he leered down at her, "I'll use them as breeders until one of you produces what I require."

He left whistling and calling for Ethan to get the car ready and Monica decided she would kill him. Somehow.

Last edited by InnocentVirgin; 02-05-2009 at 02:56 AM.
InnocentVirgin is offline   Reply With Quote