View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 02:36 AM   #149
soulless

soulless has a maximum reputation! (1000+)soulless has a maximum reputation! (1000+)soulless has a maximum reputation! (1000+)soulless has a maximum reputation! (1000+)soulless has a maximum reputation! (1000+)soulless has a maximum reputation! (1000+)soulless has a maximum reputation! (1000+)soulless has a maximum reputation! (1000+)soulless has a maximum reputation! (1000+)soulless has a maximum reputation! (1000+)soulless has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via MSN to soulless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
Soulless you asked how I felt about the role play section. I love it. While it may sound strange, it helps. During a role play, I have control over what happens. I talk to my partners, they know my limits. Granted, I have some residual issues about what happened to me.

Thinking that someone gets off on reading my story was something that I had to wrestle with when I was asked to post my story.

If someone makes up a "real" rape story, it's sad and it would anger me, but that person has emotionally issues and needs to seek professional help.
Jasmine,

Thanks for replying. You seem to be a very level headed individual and I was hoping to hear from you. I can appreciate the 'closure' issue and I can see how replaying a scenario when you have control is a way to 'overwrite' the bad memories caused by a scenario and replace them with good or at least 'arousing' ones.

I still have a problem with it I guess because I still think it shouldn't be necessary for any woman to have to do that and because it just feels that even though a roleplay might help her deal with her past, someone is still taking advantage of her unique situation for his own pleasure.

You are right that there is a big distinction between getting off on a fantasy and getting off on someone's real life traumatic experiences. I just feel from reading through the scenarios that some (like the Dungeons and Dragons, Mythical, Fantasy type scenes) are clearly fictitious, others seem to come very close to real life assaults and rapes. I just felt that it must be hard for a woman (especially one who has been raped or attacked) to see someone write a story (and get off on it!) when the content is similar to a real life traumatic experience.

I'm probably opening a can of worms here. Clearly an assault that includes serious physical injury like breaking bones is beyond the realms of roleplay. That in itself is enough to distinguish the events that Jasmine suffered from fantasy rape scenarios. But what about stories that stop short of this but still involve a woman being raped, defiled, humiliated and abused both physically and verbally.

If a woman were to put that story in the roleplay section and get comments like: "Great story, it makes my cock ache!", "What's your MSN, I want to play this out with you?", "Last night I got off on your story, waiting for the next instalment!" How would we feel if she subsequently said: "That really happened to me last year!" And how would that change her perspective of the men that replied to her saying the story aroused them.

It's a complicated issue I know. We are individuals all of us with our own sexual preferences and what is normal to some is boring to others etc etc etc so maybe I/we are searching for answers that don't exist. I would love to participate in a role play thread with Jasmine having read through her previous posts, I am just conscious of offending her now having made the discovery of her real world experience.
soulless is offline   Reply With Quote