View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 01:22 AM   #144
cryptic
Trapped by the darkness

cryptic has a maximum reputation! (1000+)cryptic has a maximum reputation! (1000+)cryptic has a maximum reputation! (1000+)cryptic has a maximum reputation! (1000+)cryptic has a maximum reputation! (1000+)cryptic has a maximum reputation! (1000+)cryptic has a maximum reputation! (1000+)cryptic has a maximum reputation! (1000+)cryptic has a maximum reputation! (1000+)cryptic has a maximum reputation! (1000+)cryptic has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulless View Post
I'm not sure what I expected from this site. I was determined not to judge anyone on here and I was pleasantly surprised by both the forum rules and the way it is moderated.

But I am confused. I don't deny being aroused by roleplay and the concept of fantasy rape. I believe the biggest sexual organ we all possess is our brain and often the thought of the scenario is the real stimulus.

But threads like this cause some conflict for me. Nothing wrong with the thread, it has been handled sensitively and I understand people's needs to talk about real rape experience and their desire to speak out to help others. I just wonder how Jasmine and Tanya and the other women on here must feel about the 'roleplay' sections where people get aroused acting out a story similar to an incident which to them was traumatic.

Don't get me wrong. I understand the distinction. I even understand how some women on here may find some solace in sex that has been 'moulded' should we say by other experiences in their life. I mean as long as they are happy, I guess that is all that should matter.

Bottom line I just wonder if this is a conducive environment for a woman who has been raped. I feel concerned that she should feel that sex should be "that way" just because of something beyond her control that happened.

I don't know if I am getting through here. I'm not criticizing the site, nor anyone on it. I feel the concern here. I guess I was surprised or even shocked to find real victims on a site that I assumed dealt only in fantasy and I am struggling to understand why some women find comfort on here amongst stories and scenarios which although not necessarily disrespectful, nevertheless depict as erotic, scenarios which those women must clearly find difficult or painful, having been through what they have.

I would really like it if any of the women on here could explain it to me. It doesn't need to be on the open forum, but I thought maybe given how supportive everyone has been in this thread that this might be a good forum to use. I would be open to PMs if you prefer.

Paul.

i've been told by psychologists that it's quite common for women to re-enact their trauma.
Partly it's a form of closure.
Partly it's a way to regain a sense of control, when control was once taken away.
It's a sort of "return to the scene of the crime", in order to understand it better, kind of deal.
At least, that's the way it is for me sometimes.

- True Blood themesong

"So hungry
For the one understanding
Looking for a token
Of blood or tenderness..."
- Suzanne Vega

Anal rapists are fucking assholes.
cryptic is offline   Reply With Quote