View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 05:26 AM   #16
Sternenlied
Unknown Entity

Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Sternenlied

I see your point.

Essentially however ... what "celebrity" doesn't have that?
Pretty much every successful and famous actor/actress, musician, ... (take your pick) gets their privacy invaded all the time, sees their work judged, criticized, torn apart by the media, fans, critics, etc. Roman Polanksi certainly isn't in any special position there.

The "black mark" however ... well, after raping a girl I would expect a black mark on all of one's work - prior or following the incident. Those are called consequences of your actions. They're certainly not always fair (look at Günter Grass) but everyone has to live with them. Nobody ever asked about the massive toll this incident took on the life of his victim - every time he was celebrated, awarded with something, ...

By the way - an underage victim cannot drop charges. He still is wanted for rape of a minor.

p.s. I am aware you were simply making fun of the French. I just don't see how the question of underage rape merrits silly jokes about the French.