View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 06:35 PM   #8
Stainless Steel Rat
Lord of the Labyrinth

Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Stainless Steel Rat has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Default A rebuttal from the "ethics police"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHoney View Post
YOU seriously need to CHILL, buddy.

A while back, there was the EXACT same thing on the Gen. Rape section, and everyone discussed it decently. maybe you should look it up and check it out. Whats your problem?

So what if people viewed it just to see it? What now? Shame on them? Its nature to view something like that....just like driving past an accident where you just might see carnage. So what?? Are you the 5-0 of ethics on Rapeboard now?
As the other thread developed and closed long before I arrived at RB I was previously unaware of it's existance. I have now looked through the thread that was previously posted and see nothing in it to make me alter my statement in any way. Very few of the poeple who posted in it seemed to want to see the video and shame on those that did. Interestingly enough much of that thread seems to have been a flame war that you were decidedly in the middle of.

Anyone who seeks out a video of a crime being committed simply to get voyeuristic pleasure from it is demonstrating an extreme lapse in ethical behavior and even more so when it is a crime against a person {as opposed to a property crime}. Your argument about viewing an accident falls apart as the interested party here must actively seek out the material not glance at it as they pass {unless you are assuming that upon hearing of an accident you immediately rush to the scene to get a good look}. If that's what you seek out for your pleasure I am not going to try and "convert you to morality", the worst you will get from me is as I stated previously "shame on you". I do not seek to be the moral police here or on any other board I frequent for that matter but when I feel strongly about something I will voice my opinion on the matter.

If I am perceived by some {or at least you} as the 5-0 of ethics here on RB then so be it, I would wear such a nom de guerre with pride as it shows that I at least have some ethics, without which we as a society will cease to exist.

Cheers all from the Stainless Steel Rat