Thread: Ground Zero
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #14
jwham
Privileged Member

jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkopo View Post
So in an idealistic frame of mind I say build a mosque AT ground zero. As a reminder to Muslims, and anyone who calls themselves religious, of what can happen when radicals are given a credible ear.
We have a choice to either show them, and the world, that we are serious about freedom and welcome all, or to tell them to fuck off and get outta town.

If we tell them to get lost, we only alienate those who are indeed moderate. And we will possibly foster even more hate. If, on the other hand, we allow the Mosque, it would show we are not giving in to the extremists. That we will not be deceived by a bunch of murders who would probably like nothing more than to drive a wedge between all Muslims and non-Muslims. That in the end, is how these assholes get their power.
I can go along with that Snarkopo, as long as a Baptist Church is built on one side of the Mosque, and a Jewish Synagogue is built on the other side of the Mosque, but I doubt that the Muslims would like the idea. But that is just my opinion.
jwham is offline   Reply With Quote