Thread: Ground Zero
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #13
snarkopo
It's been fun

snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)snarkopo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to snarkopo

As always, Batffink stirring up the shit....

I am inclined to believe that most Muslims are peaceful and just want to live and let live. I think it would be rather obvious if they weren't. And that they find terrorism as abhorrent as anyone else. Pretty much like the rest of us. It's unfortunate for both them and non-Muslims that the people who get all the attention are the lunatics. But that's the nature of religion and why I generally despise it.

So in an idealistic frame of mind I say build a mosque AT ground zero. As a reminder to Muslims, and anyone who calls themselves religious, of what can happen when radicals are given a credible ear.
We have a choice to either show them, and the world, that we are serious about freedom and welcome all, or to tell them to fuck off and get outta town.

If we tell them to get lost, we only alienate those who are indeed moderate. And we will possibly foster even more hate. If, on the other hand, we allow the Mosque, it would show we are not giving in to the extremists. That we will not be deceived by a bunch of murderers who would probably like nothing more than to drive a wedge between all Muslims and non-Muslims. That in the end, is how these assholes get their power.

But, that's just my thinking on a good day.

Last edited by snarkopo; 08-21-2010 at 08:49 PM.
snarkopo is offline   Reply With Quote