View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 09:15 AM   #93
Sternenlied
Unknown Entity

Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Sternenlied

Well since this had a big part in my field studies I can't give you a short answer, I'm just still too deep into the subject to get enough distance for that.
I'll try to cut it down and explain as simple as possible. So just a few points:

1) Some people (male as well as female) have been known to adapt to the experience of being raped/abused by "aggressively" dealing with it - in this case by fantasising about it in a good way to counteract the bad of the experience.

2) Some people (especially when abused at a younger age) connect to rape - subconsciously - through this experience as something that's supposed to be a part of regular sex life (very similar to people who have been subjected to beating as a child accept it as a regular method of education).

3) Most people I interviewed (just an interview, no analysis or therapy - just as a reminder) felt attracted to this particular sexual preference before they got raped. Victims of child rape though can't be included here since they were raped before conscious sexual preferences could evolve so even if they don't see or feel any connection it might still be there.

4) Assuming everyone claiming to be a rape victim is telling the truth (it's a very sad fact that women sometimes tend to pretend being a rape victim for various reasons) statistics tell us many raped women (especially when raped at a younger age) develop "unregular" sexual preferences - including violent fantasies of different kinds; total submission; no emotional bonding, just the physical act; fantasies of prostitution (often connected to the former point); hypersexuality or nymphomania; ...

5) Even though feminism and emancipation are very "in-style" nowadays many women (raped or not, of any social/cultural/ethnic/... status) feel a lust for being dominated by the man (although many would never admit it) - often surfacing by having rape fantasies. So this sexual preference isn't as unusual in general as many want us to believe it is.

6) Men usually feel the same way, opposite direction. Most men have fantasies about dominating their females, just as usual.

Those are just a few topics (the most common ones, though) of connections between rape victims and rape fantasies. Since I never did an analysis on anyone around here I can't go into further detail concerning our members so maybe they can give you individual answers on that subject. If you (meaning all of you) wish we can dive deeper into that topic if there's any further interest.