View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 07:07 AM   #31
nathan

nathan Level 1 (100+)nathan Level 1 (100+)
Default A few responses from Nathan

Well,

Thanks to all who have been participating... enjoying, and/or finding this interesting. I was away for a few days, and am back, so will try to catch up with answering questions and responding to some of your comments... and yes, I will answer it myself as well. It does seem only fair.

No, I'm not a spammer. The phrase "pay to play" is idiomatic, at least where I come from. My apologies. When I wrote the survey some time ago, and when I posted it here, I was not thinking clearly enough about people participating from all over the world, including those for whom English is not their first language. Typical American. Damn! Busted. Again, my apologies.

No, "Pay to play" just meant that I did not intend to provide the results to those who did NOT participate, e.g. the trolls who are just reading and not participating (currently leading 484 to 31... but I guess such is the norm here). No, I'm not looking for money from anyone. No, I'm not a spammer.

I am new here, obviously, and clearly the preference of the Board, or at least of those participating, is to have the responses posted here (I have received 0 via email from this post). I accept the preference of the group, and will abide by your wishes. I have also received some email responses from when I posted the survey in a different online venue. The only comment I've noted here stated that s/he (I don't recall which) wasn't interested in responses from those not on the Board. Do you all concur with that in the main, or would you prefer to see responses that include a larger sample.

Louise, thank you very much for your preliminary compilation! Would you mind specifying (if you can recall) whether it included all of the replies entered prior to that post of yours, or whether (and how many) more responses were added before you posted those preliminary results?

More soon.

* Truth is the original aphrodisiac *
nathan is offline   Reply With Quote