View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #18
NathanL

NathanL has a maximum reputation! (1000+)NathanL has a maximum reputation! (1000+)NathanL has a maximum reputation! (1000+)NathanL has a maximum reputation! (1000+)NathanL has a maximum reputation! (1000+)NathanL has a maximum reputation! (1000+)NathanL has a maximum reputation! (1000+)NathanL has a maximum reputation! (1000+)NathanL has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvid View Post
Quite frankly, unless you already know the other party well, it's a huge crapshoot. The non-consensual nature of the fantasy clashes with the need to communicate effectively with each other about what both sides are actually wanting to get out of the role-play. In an actual BDSM encounter, there are conventions about things like safewords; in an online story, far too often people just get bored or offended and stop rather than explaining what they need. Even asking if something is wrong shoots the "vibe" to hell.

It's hard enough to try to read someone's mind IRL; over the Internet, it's fucking impossible.
Heh, I used to RP a few years back, and I'd be up in someone's IM box most of the time -or I'd RP in yahoo and do feedback by talking OOC (in parenthesis).

I guess things have changed, and not for the better! Such a fucking shame.
NathanL is offline   Reply With Quote