View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #13
adarque

adarque has a maximum reputation! (1000+)adarque has a maximum reputation! (1000+)adarque has a maximum reputation! (1000+)adarque has a maximum reputation! (1000+)adarque has a maximum reputation! (1000+)adarque has a maximum reputation! (1000+)adarque has a maximum reputation! (1000+)adarque has a maximum reputation! (1000+)adarque has a maximum reputation! (1000+)adarque has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to adarque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogo View Post
I've noticed that these sites don't accept Paypal or any other e-wallets. Any reasons why? They're losing out on custom!
Paypal doesn't accept payments from adult sites on membership subscriptions or downloadable media. i.e. clips, image sets etc. BUT...paypal does allow companies to sell hard goods such as DVD's and things like that even if they are of an adult nature. But...there is always a but...they do look into the material to make sure they "THEY" don't find it patently offensive, break any laws etc.

We use them for our DVD's, but have had them notify us in the past over one or two that they thought could violate their TOS so asked us, politely though, to remove them from our store and look for alternative options.

There are a LOT of options for pay sites to charge via credit card, phone bills, or even echecks unfortunately most all those companies do require a deposit. That deposit being based upon the age of the website, content etc. IF the company feels that the content could in some way or form violate any form of obscenity or decency laws they will turn down the sites application for service. Sites that host the sort of material we are viewing here are notorious for not ever being able to find Credit card gateways, as they are called just because of this, or because the deposits are so large. For my wifes site which doesn't show this type of material in her members area the deposit was over $1000.00, just for vanilla stuff and her site is established as is our company. So it could also be a matter of them just not being able to afford, or wanting to pay it.

On a side note, there are NO credit card gateways hosted in the US for adult sites. That is an agreement between credit card companies, government, etc. ALL credit card gateways that American sites use are hosted outside the US. Even if you have the capability like we do to process your own credit cards you are not allowed to do that for memberships or downloadable media either when it comes to adult websites. You'll notice if you've ever bought a membership to an adult site or merchandise it's always listed as another "less offensive" company etc. Because in the US, if you try to put through a charge say to "Sex All Media" to purchase, "Betty's Big Anal Adventures" They will deny the charge. That's just how they work in the US. But....buying a dvd with the title listed as "BBAA19072" from "SAM Inc" will go through just fine. It's a like a loophole or quiet subversion that they turn their eyes from.

And even then, there are a LOT of zip codes in the US that it is ILLEGAL to sell ANY form of adult material to or ship to. (I won't list them all here...but if you'd like to see it ask me privately and I can send them to you) So unless the websites have it coded into their store to exclude those particular zip codes, they could literally be breaking federal Postal laws by allowing the material to be downloaded to, or shipped to those areas. The same goes for shipping out of the US to other countries. That is a whole other ball of string, and one that MANY, not all but MANY won't do. Instead they sign distribution deals with companies in those areas to do that for them. So they ship the product to a neutral zone, it's taken to the ones we cannot ship to and sold that way. But then it comes down to content and if the distributor can safely or comfortable sell the material in the other country. Adversely, the US does let a LOT of material come into the US the same way, that normally it wouldn't allow.
adarque is offline   Reply With Quote