View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 06:43 PM   #14
rasputin
Privileged Member

rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
The "Great Movie" I thought was a flop when I finally got to see it was 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I saw it about 10 yrs after it was released. Always had heard what a fantastic space flick it was. Well maybe it was something in it's day, but I just didn't get it.

Gryph
2001's plot is rather cryptic, and that tends to turn off a lot of people. There was a website where the movie is explained for those who had a hard time understanding it. But even the explanation does not explain everything.

Apparently, Kubric took a lot of liberties with the plot.

However, The Matrix was also rather confusing for some people the first time they saw it, but they enjoyed it just the same.

I wonder what fate that movie will have, say, thirty years from now? Will expectators see it for what it was, or will they be underwhelmed by the whole experience?
rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote