View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
rasputin
Privileged Member

rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rasputin has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternenlied View Post
Well, I can't speak for the rest of Europe, not even for Germany (and frankly I didn't get the feeling everyone is in love with him over here at all) so I can only post my personal opinion.

He's an American politician going for US presidency ... who can trust whatever he says?
I am certain there are numerous US citizens actually opposing the Bush government, its ideas, decisions and philosophy so why not politicians as well?
However most points Obama addresses are exactly the ones being in dispute throughout the USA. While that is a natural course of action for a candidate I can't help but think Obama (as well as other candidates before him) ist just pushing the buttons he is sure will win him the majority of voters ... not necessarily because he believes in what he says but rather because he sees which way the wind is blowing.
I certainly hope I am mistaken about this but I don't trust anything a politician says until I can finally see some actual actions and results.

That is - in my opinion - what comes accross from most parts of Europe ... people are hoping he's actually up to his claims.

That's a very realistic assessment. But are you sure you didn't get the feeling that anyone is in love with him in Germany? He just spoke in front of 200,000 people there. I don't know. Perhaps those people are not "in love" with him in the classical sense of the expression but sure as hell they seem interested in hearing what he has to say.

Also, I heard that if the elections were held in Europe now, Obama would kill Johnny right out.

No contest.
rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote